Watch Episode #9: an Industry Q&A Session with Dave Gilbert
Learn from the High-End Audio Expert
In this Automation Unplugged interview, Ron Callis interviews Dave Gilbert, Co-owner and Senior VP of Hi-Fi Sales located in Cherry Hill, NJ. Dave's integration firm is an award-winning exclusive member of the CEPro 100 (#85 in 2017) and founding member of Bravas.
About Dave Gilbert
Dave Gilbert is the Senior Vice President at Hi-Fi Sales, a home automation company in New Jersey. He has a wide range of skills in the automation and audio industry, with 36 years of experience running a custom integration business. In his role at Hi-Fi Sales, Dave oversees sales, marketing, purchasing, and management. He is also a Fellow of the International Furnishings and Design Association.
In this two-part interview, Ron and Dave discussed strategies and industry news surrounding a variety of topics, such as:
- How Dave got started in the automation and high-end audio industry
- Dave's business relationship with George Watts over the years
- His role as Senior Vice President of Hi-Fi Sales
- The value of having a showroom and best practices in using showrooms
- Tips for selling high-end audio systems
- Hi-Fi Sale's role as a founding member of Bravas Group and participation in ProSource
- Advice for other integrators trying to reach CE Pro 100 dealer status
- Dave's passion for spending time at the racetrack
For the full interview, start the videos below:
More Automation Unplugged
Want to stay up to date with the latest Automation Unplugged interviews? Head over to the One Firefly Facebook page and subscribe to receive a notification whenever Ron is live!