Job Posting: Digital Marketing Operations Manager
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing
One Firefly is continuing to grow and we are looking to add a Digital Marketing Operations Manager to our team!
- Do you enjoy being the master behind the scenes of a well-running team?
- Are you organized, motivated and enjoy keeping projects on task?
- Do you enjoy proactively identifying production and labor issues and finding creative solutions?
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the efficiency, timeliness and prioritization of all production within the Digital Marketing Department. They are chiefly responsible for ensuring proper labor force allocation in the department and appropriate scheduling of contracted work. This person will monitor the overall efficiency and adherence to processes and relevant projects to ensure they are on target. This person will proactively identify potential production and labor issues before they materialize into problems, find creative solutions and implement with minimal guidance or direction from management. Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Operations Manager will provide necessary feedback regarding the department’s performance, project and process management.
Other responsibilities include direct management of project coordinator(s), administrative support staff, and the Client Engagement Specialist. The Operations Manager will be effective at training and onboarding relevant new team members, motivating and inspiring their team toward performance targets, and facilitating ongoing discussion around ideas for team improvement.
.Note: This is a full-time, remote-based (work from home) position; candidates who apply should be comfortable working from home and have access to reliable high-speed internet.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure proper resource allocation for all members of the Digital Marketing Department, including writers, account managers, social media producers, administrative support, and digital advertising staff
- Monitor department performance to identify potential production issues in order to proactively address challenges and find creative solutions that enable the team to meet goals
- Work in tandem with counterparts across all other departments to ensure symbiotic support across the organization
- Provide, gather, and implement recommendations regarding the organization's production, project, and process management infrastructure
- Analyze data to provide insight into inefficiencies and ways to improve
- Build dashboards and utilize existing project management software to improve the production process
- Maintain and present findings from labor models and complex reports to ensure proper staffing and profitability
- Train and onboard new direct reports to ensure understanding of and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Provide day-to-day support, management, and coaching to direct reports
- Hold direct reports accountable to performance targets and facilitate problem-solving as needed to help team members reach their goals
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Operations Management, or other related discipline preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a project management, production management or operations management role, including management of at least one team member (preferably within a marketing agency of at least 20 people or similar environment)
- Minimum 2 years experience with resource management/allocation in an agency setting
- Minimum 2 years experience using project management/production software required (ie. Workfront)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Proficient in Google Drive products (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc)
- Strong data analysis capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven team player mentality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven record of integrity
- Proven record of following through on commitments
- Quick learner who enthusiastically takes initiative to solve problems
- Result oriented with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills, including active listening skills
- Nice person that brings a great attitude to work every day
What we offer:
As a full-time employee, you would receive the following benefits:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Simple IRA with Company Match
- Work-life balance!
- A fantastic culture with amazing coworkers!
- Company provided computer and Office Supplies Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Access to our Career Track and Skills Shed learning and development programs
Who we are: