Job Posting Title: Web Designer I
Job Title: Web Designer I
Reports to: Director of Digital Media
One Firefly is continuing to grow and we are looking to add a Web Designer to our team!
- Are you detail-oriented and extremely organized?
- Have you worked with Joomla, Wordpress or have you been exposed to working on a server and/or C panel environment?
- Do you bring a positive attitude to work each day, ready to jump in and tackle any projects that come your way?
Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
One Firefly is looking for a Web Designer to work with our clients on the management and deployment of their websites all while providing an exceptional client experience. Reporting to the Director of Digital Media, this person will play an integral role in the production of the organization’s web-related product offerings while also making significant contributions to One Firefly’s growth and efficiency. The ideal candidate has a knowledge of website management fundamentals and has a strong understanding of design principles. He or she is highly organized, a quick learner, and has exceptional design acumen for assembling attractive layouts with colors, imagery, and fonts that complement a client’s brand. Polished written communication skills are a must, and outstanding verbal communication is preferred. Above all else, a positive attitude is essential.
Note: This is a full-time, remote-based (work from home) position; candidates who apply should be comfortable working from home and have access to reliable high-speed internet.
What you’ll do:
- Produce Joomla based One Firefly Design Model websites for clients
- Communicate with One Firefly clients throughout project lifecycles, always keeping them apprised of project status
- Satisfy Web Maintenance Service requests and complete work-orders per SOW
- Setup and configure blogs on existing WordPress and Joomla websites
- SEO configure client websites and perform a variety of SEO related tasks
- Perform basic graphic editing tasks as necessary; format, crop, resize images, etc.…
- Perform basic server maintenance and DNS management
- Assist the department with internal web-related initiatives as necessary
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills with both internal staff and clients
- Highly experienced using Joomla CMS preferred
- Basic experience using website Content Management Systems, but not required
- Basic HTML and Basic CSS knowledge preferred
- Basic PHP knowledge preferred, but not required
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver experience preferred
- Familiarity with server cPanel strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of FTP
- Basic knowledge of SEO Standards and Principals
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Nice person that brings a great attitude to work every day
- Impeccable knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Proven record of Integrity
- Proven record of following through on commitments
- Fluency in English, exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Must be a lifelong learner
- High level of enthusiasm
- Proven problem solver that takes initiative
- Result oriented with a strong work ethic
- Delivers fanatical customer service
- Proven team player mentality
- Comfortable working remotely and on frequent video conferences (daily)
- Experience in technology/consumer electronics/home automation industries preferred, but not required
What we offer:
As a full-time employee, you would receive the following benefits:
- Bonus Opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Company provided computer and Office Supplies Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Access to our Career Track and Skills Shed learning and development programs
- A fantastic culture with amazing coworkers!
Who we are:
One Firefly, LLC is an award-winning marketing agency that caters to residential and commercial custom integration and security markets. One Firefly is headquartered in Coral Springs, Florida with staff located throughout North America and has been operating since 2007.
At One Firefly we value people who are naturally high achievers with a growth mindset. So, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes’ on this job description, BUT you are passionate about learning and growing yourself along with helping others around you, we encourage you to apply!
One Firefly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that is diverse with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe that through collaboration of various viewpoints, we have better ideas, leading to a better place to work with more innovative products and services to offer our clients.