In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Miranda Grantham and Marc Fisher of Origin Acoustics share the philosophy around investing in yourself, your business, and our industry.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Miranda Grantham and Marc Fisher. Recorded live on Friday January 24th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Miranda Grantham and Marc Fisher
Miranda has been with Origin Acoustics as their National Sales Manager for three years and quickly climbed to her National Sales Manager by age 24. Miranda started in the AV Industry with Metra Electronics at age 22 as a West Coast Regional. She was elected Top 40 under 40 at age 26 and recently elected as one of the most powerful women on the rise in consumer technology.
Marc is a consumer electronics veteran and joined Origin Acoustics four years ago. Marc has been titled Salesman of the Year twice in a row and was twice named one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the industry’s leading trade publication. Now, President of Sales, Marc continues to set the standard for sales professionalism and endeavors to share those skills with an entirely new generation of salespeople who are following in his footsteps.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Miranda Grantham and Marc Fisher:
- The importance of a strong company culture
- The philosophy around investing in yourself, your business, and our industry
- Insight on what training and coaching looks like for Origin dealers
- The advantage of joining a buying group like ProSource
Exploring Networking, Customer Service, and the Importance of Preparedness
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Bryan Stanley. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Bryan Stanley
As an AV & Home Automation specialist with over two decades in the business, Bryan Stanley, owner of Spycom Technology Solutions has worked with everyone from mission projects for the homeless to local media moguls. He was born in Lancaster County and became a top car audio salesman while still in high school, which led to his current love of all things tech. Spycom thrives in the heart of Amish country, which is a fascinating backdrop for cutting edge technology. Bryan is a member of CEDIA and his company was named one of CEPro’s Rising Stars. When he’s not running his business, you can find him on his motorcycle meandering roads surrounded by farmland or flying a Cessna as a licensed pilot. He enjoys getting to know his customers, which often end up as friends. He always goes the extra mile to make sure to provide quality products backed by great people, which has provided Spycom increased success every year.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Bryan:
- Bryan’s background in the industry and how his longtime interest in AV and electronics influenced it
- The history behind the name Spycom
- Typical projects that he considers to be their “bread and butter”
- His takeaways from CEDIA
- How he networks with other business owners and the importance of learning from others
- Managing clients’ expectations and understanding their perspective
- The demand for his industry in Amish country
- The importance of preparedness to find solutions
- And more