In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, John Clancy, Crestron VP of Residential, shares exciting news about Crestron Home and ways Crestron is helping their dealers and clients during this pandemic.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing John Clancy. Recorded live on April 22nd, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About John Clancy
With almost 30 years in the custom integration industry, John has experience as both a manufacturer, integrator and has served two years on the CEDIA Board of Directors.
John started his career with New York-based Audio Command Systems, working his way up from installer all the way to becoming Executive VP, CTO, and co-owner.
In 2016, John joined Crestron as VP of Residential where he uses his unique understanding of what his channel needs and what end-users want to continue positively impacting Crestron’s place in the global market.
- Ways John is seeing COVID-19 impacting dealers throughout the world
- Steps Crestron has been taking since February to keep his global team and consumers safe
- Exciting updates Crestron is making as a response to the lifestyle changes caused by COVID-19
- How Crestron is adding value to the industry by offering virtual resources, such as virtual product trainings and CEU course offerings
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Lien, VP of Sales at DES shares his two-goal approach for integrators during these difficult times and perspective on how lighting for wellness can be used in smart homes.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Lien. Recorded live on April 15th, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Lien
Matt got his start in the custom integration industry as an installer at Missouri-based integration firm, The Sound Room, before joining Crestron Electronics as a Regional Sales Manager for Residential Products.
During his seven years at Crestron, Matt met the team at Arkansas based DES and later joined them as VP of Sales in 2013. DES is also well known for developing the HomeSuite iPad app for Crestron systems, which has won the Crestron CEDIA Integration Award five years in a row.
- How DES supports multiple smart home platforms including Crestron, Savant, and Control4
- Matt’s thoughts on LED and tunable lighting and how it’s resonating with his customers
- Why they started offering electrical contracting services
- Matt’s two-goal approach to taking on projects and how he’s using that to create a silver lining during these difficult times
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, industry leader Navot Shoresh, President of Spire Integrated Systems shares h unique perspective on value-based leadership and his approach to the importance of branding his company as oppose
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Navot Shoresh. Recorded live on Saturday, April 4th, 2020, at 11:00 am EST.
About Navot Shoresh
With 15 years in the business, Israel-born Navot Shoresh started his first business at the age of 22 after his service with the Israeli Army ended. In 2001, he decided to take his passion for providing high-quality audio visual systems and founded Spire Integrated Systems out of Michigan.
Now, Spire Integrated Systems employs over 20 employees between their Detroit and Traverse City locations. Spire Integrated Systems has been titled Best of Detroit 2019 by Hour Detroit Magazine in three categories including “Places to Buy Audio & Stereo” category and “Home Theater, Audio, Video Specialist.”
- What Navot and his team are implementing to come out stronger on the other side of COVID-19 from revising company weaknesses to training processes
- How Navot is approaching leadership during this time of crisis and his recommendations on demonstrate value-based leadership
- Navot’s perspective on the future of our industry and why we matter to our communities after the Coronavirus
- The power of recurring revenue and a look into Spire’s service contract: SPS Ready
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Pete Baker. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 5th, 2019, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Pete Baker
Pete Baker, President of The BIG Corp, is a sales and marketing professional with over 30 years of global experience making large strides in the CE industry. Pete began his career as a licensed low voltage technician and contractor before becoming the founder and CEO of Custom Home Integration, a leading installation firm that he created and later sold.
Pete has had numerous roles in the industry, from President of several leading Integration companies to keynote speaker, CEDIA Subject Matter Expert, and VP of Sales and Marketing for a major control system manufacturer. In his recent years, Pete was titled President of The BIG Corp, a global sales rep and business development agency providing support to the finest brands in CE. He also founded CE Business Academy that educates to CE professionals worldwide.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Pete Baker:
- The benefit of developing a strong company brand
- Why he became a CEDIA Certified Outreach Instructor
- How he approaches representing and working for international corporations
- The similarities between the CI space in North America and markets around the world
- Handling customer expectations through feedback and communication with your sales team
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Ian Dohalick. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 29, 2019, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Ian Dohalick
After 20 years of being in this industry, Ian Dohalick began his career in 2003 replacing DMP panels around the US with ADT for CHASE banks. In 2006, he began working under Kevin Buchannan and Sven Neer with Home Entertainment Inc. before getting recruited to get into the “larger” automation world at the end of 2010. In 2017, he landed his current position as partner with Relative Home Systems.
During this time, Ian was also working closely with his father on building legal marijuana grow facilities in Colorado. He’s been able to use his knowledge and experience to assist in creating the Biophilia and Wellness portion of their business at Relative Home Systems. Being exposed to the medical and recreational concepts surrounding the marijuana industry, he’s able to bring a unique perspective on how these new ventures into the wellness sector can ultimately help end-users and our industry as a whole.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Ian Dohalick:
- Handling business growth while experiencing major personal losses
- The changes within the Houston marketplace in the past few years
- Transitioning from a new hire employee at Relative Home Systems to becoming a partner
- Impact of wellness solutions including green walls and dedicated wellness spaces in the home.
The Business of Running a Business
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Scott. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 at 12:30 pm EST.
About Matt Scott
Matt started in pro audio/video at a very early age, running his first live FOH event at age 12. Matt continued in the industry starting OMEGA Audio Video in 2001, specializing in HOW and professional audio/video design and installation. He expanded the services to include residential AV in 2004 and continues to work heavily in both markets. Matt specializes in HOW, live sound, lighting control, home theatre design, control systems, and connected home technologies.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Matt Scott:
- Matt's role on the CEDIA board
- Why he volunteers his time to the industry
- Managing both resi and commercial project work