In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Susan Cashen, Former CMO at Control4 and Active CEDIA Advisor shares her journey from helping launch the TIVO brand in the '90s to becoming one of the first employees of Control4 energy division.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Susan Cashen. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 7th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Susan Cashen
Susan’s focus on helping companies build strong brand positions and deliver business results in crowded markets has led her to hold executive positions at Silicon Valley agencies and start-ups and led to her role as Senior VP of Marketing at Control4.
During her tenure at Control4, Susan was responsible for worldwide marketing, training, and support. She was part of the executive team to take Control4 public, drive strategic acquisitions and complete the 2019 merger with SnapAV.
Today, Susan advises clients in the CI channel, the industry association CEDIA, and serves on the board of SAVI Controls, T3 Micro, and Tectonic Audio.
- Susan’s experience helps to launch the TIVO brand in the ’90s
- How Susan moved from Silicon Valley to become one of the first employees of Control4 energy division
- Branding tips Susan recommends every dealer follow
- The importance of selling experience over technology
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jeff Galea, Founder and President at Boca Tech and Automation shares the importance behind educating consumers to improve sales and communication.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jeff Galea. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jeff Galea
Jeff’s work experience includes positions with General Motors and a Silicon Valley Startup prior to taking his passion for high-end electronics and launching Boca Theater and Automation, now Boca Teach and Automation, in 2003 out of South Florida.
Today, Jeff’s team focuses exclusively on integrating luxury A/V and control systems into homes, yachts, and businesses in some of the most prestigious spaces in the United States.
Boca Tech and Automation continue to rank among the CEPro Top 100 Integrators of the U.S., and two of their projects were even featured in HGTV’s Top Ten Luxury Home Theaters.
- How a COVID inspired look behind-the-scenes for the design community turned into a successful weekly seminar series
- The importance behind educating consumers to improve sales and communication
- Jeff's showroom powered by Rosewater Energy and his take on battery storage technologies
- Jeff's business outlook for 2021 and why he will still be focusing on recurring revenue
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis, CEO at One Firefly shares ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Chris Smith interviewing Ron Callis. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ron Callis
Ron got his start in the Custom Integration industry back in 2000, after graduating from VA Tech with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and starting his career with Lutron Electronics. He also spent time at Crestron Electronics before he started Firefly Design Group in 2007.
In 2012 the company rebranded and became the company everyone knows today as One Firefly. One Firefly is an Inc. 5000 company and award-winning marketing agency serving residential and commercial technology professionals.
- How Ron found his way into the custom integration industry
- Ron’s unique experience being part of a human-powered submarine team while a student at Virginia Tech
- The One Firefly company culture and how they were able to shift to a fully remote company in 2016
- Ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Marc Fulker of Greenstar Technologies shares how they were able to use their showroom to change the customer experience dynamic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Marc Fulker. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 22nd, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
About Marc Fulker
Based out of Melbourne, Australia, Marc started Greenstar Technologies in 2011 after spending 10 years working as an electrician in the residential and industrial sectors.
Today, Greenstar Technologies consists of a team of nine staff members, has been a Control4 dealer since 2016, and just recently opened a beautiful new showroom and office space in their central Melbourne location.
- The state of COVID-19 in the country of Australia
- How Marc was able to use his showroom to change the customer experience dynamic
- Marc's transition from an electrician to the home automation space
- We even got a video tour of his new showroom which is featured on our One Firefly Facebook page
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Brian Perreault of Barrett's Technology Solutions shares the benefit of building relationships and being a resource for clients.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Brian Perreault. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 16th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Brian Perreault
Today's show features Brian Perreault, COO at Barrett's Technology Solutions.
With nearly thirty years of experience at Barrett's and as COO and partner, Brian oversees all aspects of the business and has been instrumental in helping to guide the company to become a highly respected residential and commercial technology integration company in the greater Chicago-land area.
Active members of the ASID, CEDIA, and HTSA (of which Brian serves on the Board and is the current President), Brian and the Barrett's team take great pride in surrounding themselves with inspiring trade organizations and a network of peers with whom they can share insight, learn from and grow alongside.
- Brian's near 30-year career with Barrett's Technology
- The benefit of building relationships and being a resource for clients
- Why embracing change is crucial for the growth of a small business
- How integrating Google Ads into their marketing strategy has helped their business
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jon Robbins of HTSA shares on HTSA's sales training approach and membership and growth opportunities.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jon Robbins. Recorded live on Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jon Robbins
With 44 years of experience in the custom integration industry, Jon got his start leading Hi-Fidelity House based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania back in 1975, when he took over the family business.
Today, Jon serves as Executive Director at HTSA where he crafts annual strategic business plans to help propel the organization forward. Jon is also responsible for building strong relationships with the finest technology brands and the nation’s top AV specialists –creating a powerful collective whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- HTSA's sales training approach
- Jon's view on how the recent 2020 election turnout will impact the custom integration space
- How Jon defines leadership
- HTSA membership growth and opportunities