In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Angela Larson and Blair Piersall of Savant share ways Savant pivoted their focus to provide dealers more education and training during COVID-19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Angela Larson and Blair Piersall. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 30th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Angela Larson and Blair Piersall
Angela uses her 21 years of experience in the lighting control and home automation space to oversee Inside Sales, Marketing, Training, and the development of all web platform business tools, including the Savant Store.
With over 20 years in the custom electronic industry, Blair leads the field sales effort as Vice President of Sales for the pro channel of Savant's domestic and international business.
- Angela and Blair's backstory and how they transitioned into a career with Savant
- Ways Savant pivoted their focus to provide dealers more education and training during COVID-19
- The idea behind creating a virtual showroom experience
- The process for dealers and the design community to schedule a virtual demo.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Marc Fulker of Greenstar Technologies shares how they were able to use their showroom to change the customer experience dynamic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Marc Fulker. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 22nd at 5:00 p.m. EST.
About Marc Fulker
Based out of Melbourne, Australia, Marc started Greenstar Technologies in 2011 after spending 10 years working as an electrician in the residential and industrial sectors.
Today, Greenstar Technologies consists of a team of nine staff members, has been a Control4 dealer since 2016, and just recently opened a beautiful new showroom and office space in their central Melbourne location.
- The state of COVID-19 in the country of Australia
- How Marc was able to use his showroom to change the customer experience dynamic
- Marc's transition from an electrician to the home automation space
- We even got a video tour of his new showroom which is featured on our One Firefly Facebook page
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Brian Perreault of Barrett's Technology Solutions shares the benefit of building relationships and being a resource for clients.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Brian Perreault. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 16th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Brian Perreault
Today's show features Brian Perreault, COO at Barrett's Technology Solutions.
With nearly thirty years of experience at Barrett's and as COO and partner, Brian oversees all aspects of the business and has been instrumental in helping to guide the company to become a highly respected residential and commercial technology integration company in the greater Chicago-land area.
Active members of the ASID, CEDIA, and HTSA (of which Brian serves on the Board and is the current President), Brian and the Barrett's team take great pride in surrounding themselves with inspiring trade organizations and a network of peers with whom they can share insight, learn from and grow alongside.
- Brian's near 30-year career with Barrett's Technology
- The benefit of building relationships and being a resource for clients
- Why embracing change is crucial for the growth of a small business
- How integrating Google Ads into their marketing strategy has helped their business
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Wes Claytor of One Firefly, shares principles and beliefs that lead to success in running and life.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wes Claytor. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 9th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Wes Claytor
After graduating with a degree in Exercise Science from Montclair State University, Wes spent some time in the health and fitness industry before making a move to North Carolina and ultimately landing at an account management position with a nationally recognized digital marketing agency with a core focus on Google Paid Search.
Wes joined One Firefly in 2019 with a goal of expanding his digital marketing toolkit to better service his clients. In addition to managing his book of business consisting of integrators located throughout North America, he also runs a personal blog. In his blog he shares his journey as an ultra marathon athlete and other personal stories.
- Wes' transition from the health and fitness industry into digital marketing
- The importance of work/life balance
- Wes' thoughts on the future of our industry in 2021
- Principles and beliefs that lead to success in running and life
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Gregg Dixon of AV Specialists, shares his approach to making 2020 their most successful year.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Gregg Dixon. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 2nd at 11:30 a.m. EST.
About Gregg Dixon
Tampa-based AV Specialists, was founded in 1995 by Gregg Dixon once he and his family moved to Florida from Buffalo, NY. Gregg decided to open up shop and focus on installing the same technologies he loved designing into his own home.
Now 25 years later, AV Specialists is having their most successful year in company history thanks to his dedicated and growing team and a renewed focus on home construction and remodeling from his core customer base.
- Gregg's approach to making 2020 their most successful year
- What projects looked like for Gregg in 1995
- Major changes Gregg made to help take AV Specialists to the next level
- Gregg's approach to company culture
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jon Robbins of HTSA shares on HTSA's sales training approach and membership and growth opportunities.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jon Robbins. Recorded live on Wednesday, November 25th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jon Robbins
With 44 years of experience in the custom integration industry, Jon got his start leading Hi-Fidelity House based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania back in 1975, when he took over the family business.
Today, Jon serves as Executive Director at HTSA where he crafts annual strategic business plans to help propel the organization forward. Jon is also responsible for building strong relationships with the finest technology brands and the nation’s top AV specialists –creating a powerful collective whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- HTSA's sales training approach
- Jon's view on how the recent 2020 election turnout will impact the custom integration space
- How Jon defines leadership
- HTSA membership growth and opportunities