In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, industry leader Navot Shoresh, President of Spire Integrated Systems shares h unique perspective on value-based leadership and his approach to the importance of branding his company as oppose
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Navot Shoresh. Recorded live on Saturday April 4th at 11:00 am. EST.
About Navot Shoresh
With 15 years in the business, Israel-born Navot Shoresh started his first business at the age of 22 after his service with the Israeli Army ended. In 2001, he decided to take his passion for providing high-quality audio visual systems and founded Spire Integrated Systems out of Michigan.
Now, Spire Integrated Systems employs over 20 employees between their Detroit and Traverse City locations. Spire Integrated Systems has been titled Best of Detroit 2019 by Hour Detroit Magazine in three categories including “Places to Buy Audio & Stereo” category and “Home Theater, Audio, Video Specialist.”
- What Navot and his team are implementing to come out stronger on the other side of COVID-19 from revising company weaknesses to training processes
- How Navot is approaching leadership during this time of crisis and his recommendations on demonstrate value-based leadership
- Navot’s perspective on the future of our industry and why we matter to our communities after the Coronavirus
- The power of recurring revenue and a look into Spire’s service contract: SPS Ready
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis interviewed custom integrator Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based smart home automation company, Digital Lifestyle Solutions.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rohan Dunbar. Recorded live on Wednesday March 25th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Rohan Dunbar
Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based Digital Lifestyle Solutions. Rohan got his start in the AV business in 2005 working with Audio Command Systems out of New York learning how to install smart systems in high-end homes. It wasn't until 2008 that he began working closely with Crestron control systems for Residential and Commercial spaces.
In 2010, Rohan founded Digital Lifestyle Solutions with a focus on offering solutions as a CSP, Crestron Service Provider to integration firms throughout North America. In 2017, he made the transition to convert Digital Lifestyle Solutions into a full installation company serving both residential and commercial clients in the greater Atlanta market
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Rohan Dunbar:
- Rohan’s transition from Crestron Service Provider into a Certified Crestron Dealer
- Ways he is pivoting his focus to make up for project pauses caused by COVID-19
- How his business is preparing for the possible boom of business on the other side of COVID-19
- Which Crestron technologies have him jazzed for 2020
- What he’s doing to help other integrators grow and thrive
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Alexa, and Angel Centeno of SDI Boston share their passion for the custom integration industry from their recent merger with audioDave to their impressive smart home showroom.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Alexa and Angel Centeno. Recorded live on Wednesday March 3rd at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Alexa and Angel Centeno
Husband and wife duo, Alexa and Angel Centeno, are the owners of Systems Design & Integration also known as SDI in the Boston area. After working with one of the largest AV integration firms in Orlando, Florida since 2006, Angel founded SDI in 2012. Once Alexa joined shortly thereafter, the company began shifting away from simple TV installations and surround sound projects to implementing complete smart home automation systems and full integrations for larger homes.
SDI was awarded Savant's 2018 Through & Through Award and named Best of Boston in 2019 by Boston Magazine for Smart Home Specialist. Alexa and Angel are one of the youngest businesses in the country to pick up and offer the exclusive McIntosh product line. In mid-2019, they finalized their merger well known Savant integration firm audioDave out of Newton, Mass. SDI’s impressive 6,500 square foot showroom in Needham welcomes builders, designers, and homeowners to experience what technology truly is today and how it can be implemented into the design industry.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Alexa and Angel Centeno:
- How they've accomplished running a business as husband and wife
- Their recent merger with audioDave, a company with over 38 years in the industry
- The response from customers and the design trade on their 6,500 sqft showroom
- How they approach Instagram to help build their platform and reach a larger audience
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Lee Travis, innovator and thought leader in the home automation industry, brings a unique perspective as an owner of two custom integration firms in different markets.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Lee Travis. Recorded live on Wednesday February 26th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Lee Travis
Lee got his start in car audio over 30 years prior to founding Wipliance in 2006. With two locations, one in Bellevue, WA, and the other in Scottsdale, AZ Wipliance has 35 employees, made $5 million in revenue, and was named Integrator of the Year for 2019 by the Consumer Technology Association and CES.
Wipliance’s unique approach to marketing efforts includes a dynamic video portfolio, exciting showcase events, and a sister company, Obot Electric, that offers a seamless experience for clients.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Lee Travis:
- His process in integrating electrical contracting to his business
- Challenges and advantages to operating in two different markets, Washington State and Arizona
- The importance and benefits of being part of a buying group
- The future of 5G and how it might impact the custom integration industry
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, mentor and coach, Nigel Dessau is transforming marketing in a way that can help technology professionals think about the end-user experience in a different and profitable way.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Nigel Dessau. Recorded live on Wednesday February 7th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Nigel Dessau
Nigel Dessau, who got his start with IBM, has been a respected leader of business product marketing and product management for 25 years. He has been recognized for transforming marketing and driving business revenue to the next level and is now a CMO for Bravas, a national provider for multiple Fortune 500 technology companies. Nigel’s commitment to mentoring technology professionals expands to his business, The 3 Minute Mentor. He is also the author of Becoming a 21st Century Executive.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Nigel Dessau:
- How the shift in market consumerism will likely affect the custom integrator
- Building your business using his "Content Approach Network" strategy
- What the next year looks like for Bravas and their plans for growth within our space
- His perspective on wellness and how integrators should position this solution to consumers
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Pete Baker. Recorded live on Wednesday February 5th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Pete Baker
Pete Baker, President of The BIG Corp, is a sales and marketing professional with over 30 years of global experience making large strides in the CE industry. Pete began his career as a licensed low voltage technician and contractor before becoming the founder and CEO of Custom Home Integration, a leading installation firm that he created and later sold.
Pete has had numerous roles in the industry, from President of several leading Integration companies to keynote speaker, CEDIA Subject Matter Expert, and VP of Sales and Marketing for a major control system manufacturer. In his recent years, Pete was titled President of The BIG Corp, a global sales rep and business development agency providing support to the finest brands in CE. He also founded CE Business Academy that educates to CE professionals worldwide.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Pete Baker:
- The benefit of developing a strong company brand
- Why he became a CEDIA Certified Outreach Instructor
- How he approaches representing and working for international corporations
- The similarities between the CI space in North America and markets around the world
- Handling customer expectations through feedback and communication with your sales team