In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, business and life coach John Geraghty shares his perspective on the importance of mindset and how our day-to-day approach can affect us during a time of crisis.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing John Geraghty. Recorded live on Thursday, March 26th, 2020, at 6:00 pm EST.
About John Geraghty
John founded the executive coaching firm, Courageous Authenticity, in 2007 after being confronted by the harsh consequences that came from his clients focusing their goals and objects on economic factors. As he witnessed multiple financially successful clients face life diminishing factors beyond their balance sheets, he decided to expand his focus and contribution to involve a more integrated and comprehensive approach.
Today, John's mission is to awaken, inspire and equip leaders to envision, pursue, and celebrate living lives of joy and impact.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with John Geraghty:
- John’s recommendations on staying connected with your team in a virtual work environment
- Why right now is the time to dive in and focus on how to keep adding value to your clients and your company
- Ways to shift your approach and processes to stay transparent and align with the recent stresses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- What it means to “reframe” your mindset during uncertain times with the “The Prism of Perspective” approach
- John’s approach to fitness and the importance of practicing routine as a way to stay grounded and focused
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis interviewed custom integrator Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based smart home automation company, Digital Lifestyle Solutions.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rohan Dunbar. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 25th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Rohan Dunbar
Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based Digital Lifestyle Solutions. Rohan got his start in the AV business in 2005 working with Audio Command Systems out of New York learning how to install smart systems in high-end homes. It wasn't until 2008 that he began working closely with Crestron control systems for Residential and Commercial spaces.
In 2010, Rohan founded Digital Lifestyle Solutions with a focus on offering solutions as a CSP, Crestron Service Provider to integration firms throughout North America. In 2017, he made the transition to convert Digital Lifestyle Solutions into a full installation company serving both residential and commercial clients in the greater Atlanta market
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Rohan Dunbar:
- Rohan’s transition from Crestron Service Provider into a Certified Crestron Dealer
- Ways he is pivoting his focus to make up for project pauses caused by COVID-19
- How his business is preparing for the possible boom of business on the other side of COVID-19
- Which Crestron technologies have him jazzed for 2020
- What he’s doing to help other integrators grow and thrive
The Business of Running a Business
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Scott. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 at 12:30 pm EST.
About Matt Scott
Matt started in pro audio/video at a very early age, running his first live FOH event at age 12. Matt continued in the industry starting OMEGA Audio Video in 2001, specializing in HOW and professional audio/video design and installation. He expanded the services to include residential AV in 2004 and continues to work heavily in both markets. Matt specializes in HOW, live sound, lighting control, home theatre design, control systems, and connected home technologies.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Matt Scott:
- Matt's role on the CEDIA board
- Why he volunteers his time to the industry
- Managing both resi and commercial project work
A CEO's perspective on how to keep growing in the Home Automation Industry
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Eric Joy. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019 at 12:30 pm EST.
About Eric Joy
He is the Chief Experience Officer of Georgia Home Theater. Eric started in the industry 23 years ago, back when Georgia Home Theater was still Laserdisc Enterprises. After watching the industry evolve, Eric took the opportunity to work on the manufacturing side of the business for two different speaker manufacturers: Bowers & Wilkins and Paradigm. After dedicating 8 plus years of his life to being a road warrior, he decided to return back home to Georgia Home Theater. They are proud members of CEDIA and the HTSA buying group. They have a single 20,000 square foot facility located in Marietta, GA
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Eric Joy:
- Experience gained working
- Growth and change in the industry
- How Georgia Home Theater host events and manages growth
- How Georgia Home Theater uses social media to extend their brand
An Expert´s View on How To Grow and Survive in the Automation Industry
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Justin Johnston. Recorded live on Wednesday September 4th, 2019 at 12:30pm EST.
About Justin Johnston
Justin Johnston started Twilight Solutions in 2000 at the age of 19 while working towards his degree. He became the youngest contractor in the state of California at 22 and has been constantly working to make Twilight Solutions a leader in the custom integration market. Twilight Solutions is based in Walnut Creek, CA, just outside of San Francisco, CA
In this episode of Automation Unplugged, Ron Calls spoke with Justin Johnston about topics such as:
- How Justin got his start in the A/V industry
- The recent $75 million Bravas merger
- The latest technology trends like tunable lighting and digital art
- The importance of a strong company culture
The Future of Artificial Intelligence in the Automation Industry
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Sailor. Recorded live on Monday August 26th, 2019 at 12:30pm EST.
About Matt Sailor
Co-founded IC Realtime and has served as CEO since its inception. Mr. Sailor is involved with all running facets of the business and has a proven executive management track record with over 20 years of experience driving growth and innovation within the Security Industry. As the Former Vice President of Mace Security, and a major contributor to an incredibly explosive 1,000 percent sales growth factor, Matt is a thought-provoking leader with an act and vision for excellence.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Matt Sailor:
- Matt´s background in the industry
- Keeping up to date with technology
- Savant Partnership
- Manufacturing in Korea vs. China
- AI World (new AI-enabled recorders and cameras)