Transforming outdoor spaces
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Tom Curnin. Recorded live on Wednesday May 22nd, 2019 at 12:30pm EST.
About Tom Curnin
In 2006, Tom turned his lifelong audiophile passion into a new career and started BravoAV Consulting, an installer of integrated electronic systems for both large and small projects, including home theater, dedicated listening room, media rooms, whole-house audio, lighting systems, computer networks and phone systems. Driven by his passion for spectacular audio and video, Tom is committed to providing well designed and easy to operate automation systems in conjunction with the highest level of customer service.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Tom Curnin
- Tom’s background and how he got into the industry
- State of the industry
- Things to consider when designing an outdoor living space
- Goals for outdoor sound
- How is outdoor sound fundamentally different from indoor sound?
- Common mistakes integrators make when designing outdoor spaces
- Importance of networking for outdoor entertainment
- Outdoor shades
Get to know your ideal client
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kelly Giles. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019.
About Kelly Giles
As Head of our content department, Kelly is responsible for the general management of the content team, providing leadership focus and support for the department, ultimately ensuring the performance and health of the department is sustained at optimal levels to meet the demands, goals, and objectives of the department. She enjoys going up mountains slowly (hiking) and down them quickly (skiing). She also spends a lot of her free time training in Krav Maga, learning things like how to fight on a moving bus and more.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Kelly Giles
- Kelly's background
- How content helps to guide a potential customer through the buyer's journey
- Why it's important to understand your ideal customers, and how integrators could figure that out if they don't yet know much about those customers
- Why it's important to ask your customers where they found you, but why that's not the whole story
Pedaling magic, pedaling happiness
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Cullen Harwood. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 at 1:30pm EST.
About Cullen Harwood
Cullen Harwood has been with Sonos for 6 years. He started as a Regional Salesman in the IL/WI/MI markets and progressed to lead their National Strategy for the AV Integrator vertical (a vertical within their Installed Solutions channel). Very recently he took over Product Marketing for their Architectural line (including Amp and Sonos by Sonance).
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Cullen Harwood
- Cullen’s background in the industry
- Distributed audio trends in 2019
- What’s new with Sonos?
Better lighting = Better sleep patterns = Better health
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Mike Teolis. Recorded live on Wednesday April 17th, 2019 at 12:30pm EST.
About Mike Teolis
Mike Teolis is a graduate of McGill University in Montreal Canada with a BA in Economics. He subsequently obtained a brokerage/ trading license. He started a sales career in the audio visual industry in ’92, ascending to a VP sales/marketing position leading the growth a small regional audio visual company to Canada’s largest integrator with 11 offices and 225 employees. In 2008, Mike Founded with partner Maurice Gaudio GAV MGMT a Montreal based Residential integration company that in 2012 brought to market a low voltage lighting solution that would complement other audio/video low voltage technologies offered by the company. In 2016, Teolis and Gaudio launch Colorbeam Lighting to bring low voltage lighting solutions to the North American AV channel.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Mike Teolis
- Mike’s background in the industry
- Trends in lighting in 2019
- What’s new with Colorbeam
- Why AV integrators should get into low voltage lighting
- What Colorbeam lighting offers as a solution
- What's the future of lighting
- What is human-centric lighting and how does it benefit people
Marketing is the perfect way to attract new customers
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Bobby Dodge. Recorded live on Tuesday, April 9th at 12:30pm EST.
About Bobby Dodge
Robert began his career in 2002 at a high performance car audio and home theater company in New Jersey. His initial passion entering the industry was in car audio but after a few years transitioned to the home side of the business. In 2012, he proudly joined ProSource and has loved every minute of it. In his free time, he enjoys sports, concerts, traveling, and spending time with his family and friends.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Bobby Dodge
- Robert’s background in the industry
- Importance of joining a buying group
- What's hot in the industry right now