In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason McGraw, Group Vice President at CEDIA Expo & KBIS at Emerald shares what to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo including top brands attending such as Crestron, Lutron, and Savant.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason McGraw. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jason McGraw
Prior to managing the CEDIA Expo show for Emerald, Jason spent 25 years with Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA), most recently as Senior Vice President of Exposition and Event Services, leading the InfoComm show.
- Will there be a show?
- Current Health and Safety protocols in place for the show
- What to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo
- Some of the top brands that will be attending the CEDIA Expo including Crestron, Lutron, Savant, and of course, One Firefly
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Susan Cashen, Former CMO at Control4 and Active CEDIA Advisor shares her journey from helping launch the TIVO brand in the '90s to becoming one of the first employees of Control4 energy division.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Susan Cashen. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 7th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Susan Cashen
Susan’s focus on helping companies build strong brand positions and deliver business results in crowded markets has led her to hold executive positions at Silicon Valley agencies and start-ups and led to her role as Senior VP of Marketing at Control4.
During her tenure at Control4, Susan was responsible for worldwide marketing, training, and support. She was part of the executive team to take Control4 public, drive strategic acquisitions and complete the 2019 merger with SnapAV.
Today, Susan advises clients in the CI channel, the industry association CEDIA, and serves on the board of SAVI Controls, T3 Micro, and Tectonic Audio.
- Susan’s experience helps to launch the TIVO brand in the ’90s
- How Susan moved from Silicon Valley to become one of the first employees of Control4 energy division
- Branding tips Susan recommends every dealer follow
- The importance of selling experience over technology
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Alexa, and Angel Centeno of SDI Boston share their passion for the custom integration industry from their recent merger with audioDave to their impressive smart home showroom.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Alexa and Angel Centeno. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Alexa and Angel Centeno
Husband and wife duo, Alexa and Angel Centeno, are the owners of Systems Design & Integration also known as SDI in the Boston area. After working with one of the largest AV integration firms in Orlando, Florida since 2006, Angel founded SDI in 2012. Once Alexa joined shortly thereafter, the company began shifting away from simple TV installations and surround sound projects to implementing complete smart home automation systems and full integrations for larger homes.
SDI was awarded Savant's 2018 Through & Through Award and named Best of Boston in 2019 by Boston Magazine for Smart Home Specialist. Alexa and Angel are one of the youngest businesses in the country to pick up and offer the exclusive McIntosh product line. In mid-2019, they finalized their merger well known Savant integration firm audioDave out of Newton, Mass. SDI’s impressive 6,500 square foot showroom in Needham welcomes builders, designers, and homeowners to experience what technology truly is today and how it can be implemented into the design industry.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Alexa and Angel Centeno:
- How they've accomplished running a business as husband and wife
- Their recent merger with audioDave, a company with over 38 years in the industry
- The response from customers and the design trade on their 6,500 sqft showroom
- How they approach Instagram to help build their platform and reach a larger audience
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jamie Briesemeister of CEDIA shares how being a woman in business and resources she’s been able to share and gain from other women in the field.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jamie Briesemeister. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jamie Briesemeister
Today’s show features my interview with Jamie Briesemeister, co-founder of Integration Controls, a home automation company out of St. Louis, MO, that focuses on providing intuitive, design-friendly technology solutions that enhance and simplify life.
Jamie was selected as one of 2019’s Powerful Women in Consumer Technology and is also newly elected member of the CEDIA Board of Directors. She has spoken at a number of conferences and seminars, advocating for home technology considerations in the design/build process, as a guest speaker, as an instructor, or presenting CEUs to architects and designers.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Jamie Briesemeister
- Jamie’s transition from working in the healthcare industry to starting a business in the CI space with her husband, Jeff
- What has helped her throughout the years to improve within her role as CEO, both within and outside the industry from podcasts featuring women in business to business leadership books
- Being a woman in business and resources she’s been able to share and gain from other women in the field
- How past experiences helped her become a stronger leader
The Business of Running a Business
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Scott. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Scott
Matt started in pro audio/video at a very early age, running his first live FOH event at age 12. Matt continued in the industry starting OMEGA Audio Video in 2001, specializing in HOW and professional audio/video design and installation. He expanded the services to include residential AV in 2004 and continues to work heavily in both markets. Matt specializes in HOW, live sound, lighting control, home theatre design, control systems, and connected home technologies.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Matt Scott:
- Matt's role on the CEDIA board
- Why he volunteers his time to the industry
- Managing both resi and commercial project work
The Future of Artificial Intelligence in the Automation Industry
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Sailor. Recorded live on Monday, August 26th, 2019 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Sailor
Co-founded IC Realtime and has served as CEO since its inception. Mr. Sailor is involved with all running facets of the business and has a proven executive management track record with over 20 years of experience driving growth and innovation within the Security Industry. As the Former Vice President of Mace Security, and a major contributor to an incredibly explosive 1,000 percent sales growth factor, Matt is a thought-provoking leader with an act and vision for excellence.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Matt Sailor:
- Matt´s background in the industry
- Keeping up to date with technology
- Savant Partnership
- Manufacturing in Korea vs. China
- AI World (new AI-enabled recorders and cameras)