In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Kat Wheeler, Author and Area Sales Manager at Snap AV and Control4 shares observations and takeaways on working with successful integration firms over the years.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kat Wheeler. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Kat Wheeler
Katharine comes to us with 18 years of experience in the consumer electronics industry, getting her start at a local AV shop in Kentucky before transitioning to a Manufacturer’s Rep role, and never looked back!
In 2016, Katharine joined SnapAV as a Territory Sales Manager for the Ohio, Wyoming, Upstate New York, and Western Pennsylvania markets before moving up to Area Sales Manager for SnapAV and Control4 in 2020.
Katharine is also the founder and chair of the Women in Technology group at Snap AV and Control4, with over 85 members. She recently self-published a murder mystery novel this year titled There is No Cloud, which is set in the world of consumer electronics.
- What led Katharine into writing her book, There is No Cloud
- The plot, setting, and characters in her new book
- Katharine's success around founding SNAP AV's Women in Technology Group
- Observations and takeaways on working with successful integration firms over the years
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Susan Cashen, Former CMO at Control4 and Active CEDIA Advisor shares her journey from helping launch the TIVO brand in the '90s to becoming one of the first employees of Control4 energy division.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Susan Cashen. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 7th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Susan Cashen
Susan’s focus on helping companies build strong brand positions and deliver business results in crowded markets has led her to hold executive positions at Silicon Valley agencies and start-ups and led to her role as Senior VP of Marketing at Control4.
During her tenure at Control4, Susan was responsible for worldwide marketing, training, and support. She was part of the executive team to take Control4 public, drive strategic acquisitions and complete the 2019 merger with SnapAV.
Today, Susan advises clients in the CI channel, the industry association CEDIA, and serves on the board of SAVI Controls, T3 Micro, and Tectonic Audio.
- Susan’s experience helps to launch the TIVO brand in the ’90s
- How Susan moved from Silicon Valley to become one of the first employees of Control4 energy division
- Branding tips Susan recommends every dealer follow
- The importance of selling experience over technology
Choosing a PCNA certified professional
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Chris Subbiondo. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Chris Subbiondo
Chris is originally from New Jersey but is currently based in Virginia, where WSC Audio Video is located. He joined the Navy at 18 and after serving four years, he started doing installations as a DirecTV technician. Eventually, that evolved into TV mounts, then home theaters, then the smart home automation of today.
Chris was the 13th person in the United States to obtain the newest PCNA certification. He is the Owner and CEO at WSC Home Audio Video, which has achieved platinum dealer status with Control4. WSC has been voted best of Angie's list and home advisor every year for 5 years in a row now.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Chris:
- Chris' background in the industry
- The importance of choosing a PCNA certified professional for a home networking project
- Why choosing a professional to help you with today's technology is worth it
- The future of home networking