In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, John Clancy, Crestron VP of Residential, shares exciting news about Crestron Home and ways Crestron is helping their dealers and clients during this pandemic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing John Clancy. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About John Clancy
With almost 30 years in the custom integration industry, John has experience as both a manufacturer, integrator and has served two years on the CEDIA Board of Directors.
John started his career with New York-based Audio Command Systems, working his way up from installer all the way to becoming Executive VP, CTO, and co-owner.
In 2016, John joined Crestron as VP of Residential where he uses his unique understanding of what his channel needs and what end-users want to continue positively impacting Crestron’s place in the global market.
- Ways John is seeing COVID-19 impacting dealers throughout the world
- Steps Crestron has been taking since February to keep his global team and consumers safe
- Exciting updates Crestron is making as a response to the lifestyle changes caused by COVID-19
- How Crestron is adding value to the industry by offering virtual resources, such as virtual product trainings and CEU course offerings
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis interviewed custom integrator Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based smart home automation company, Digital Lifestyle Solutions.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rohan Dunbar. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Rohan Dunbar
Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based Digital Lifestyle Solutions. Rohan got his start in the AV business in 2005 working with Audio Command Systems out of New York learning how to install smart systems in high-end homes. It wasn't until 2008 that he began working closely with Crestron control systems for Residential and Commercial spaces.
In 2010, Rohan founded Digital Lifestyle Solutions with a focus on offering solutions as a CSP, Crestron Service Provider to integration firms throughout North America. In 2017, he made the transition to convert Digital Lifestyle Solutions into a full installation company serving both residential and commercial clients in the greater Atlanta market
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Rohan Dunbar:
- Rohan’s transition from Crestron Service Provider into a Certified Crestron Dealer
- Ways he is pivoting his focus to make up for project pauses caused by COVID-19
- How his business is preparing for the possible boom of business on the other side of COVID-19
- Which Crestron technologies have him jazzed for 2020
- What he’s doing to help other integrators grow and thrive
Learn a Better Way to Program Crestron
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Troy Morgan. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 15th, 2017 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Troy Morgan
Troy Morgan is the President of PanTech Design, LLC, a control system design, engineering and programming firm specializing in Crestron control systems for the residential and commercial industries. The PanTech Design team has over 100 years combined experience in A/V design, installation, and programming, allowing their clients to rest assured knowing they are receiving outstanding designs and remarkable systems.
Troy's background started in car audio, working through high school as an audio installer, then a sound judge. He then moved on to working in commercial integration in 1997, which led him to Crestron. He worked directly for Crestron until 2005, when he started his own company, PanTech Design. At Crestron, Troy was instrumental in launching Crestron's Dallas, Texas office.
He had a myriad of roles and responsibilities at Crestron, starting as an applications engineer and then a key dealer manager for commercial integrator training and support. Troy then switched into a sales role for Crestron as a regional sales manager, which exposed him to the need for a company like PanTech Design.
In the interview, Ron was able to get Troy's perspective on a variety of topics. Here are a few of the questions that Troy answered during the live interview:
- What it means to be a Crestron Service Provider
- Contrasting the differences in Adapt’s role as a CIP and Pantech Design’s role as a CSP
- The impacts of using Adapt on a project’s cost and timeline
- Current industry software and programming trends
A Talk with the CTO of one Largest Custom Integration Firms
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Ted Bremekamp. Recorded live on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ted Bremekamp
Ted Bremekamp is the Chief Technology Officer and General Manager at ETC, a nationally recognized leader in the residential electronics industry. With a degree in Electrical Engineering from Notre Dame and more than a decade of experience in AV and automation, Ted is a recognized industry expert.
Ted is also a member of ProSource’s board of directors and the President of the Bill Raskob Foundation, which provides interest-free education loans to deserving students throughout the U.S. In the interview, Ted discussed his role in running one of the largest custom integration firms (#15 on CEPro100 for 2017).
The live interview covers a series of topics surrounding the AV and automation industry, such as:
- The primary benefits of a ProSource membership
- A day in the life of running a $14 million a year integration firm
- How a $5 million business grows to become a $15 million operation
- Ted's take on Crestron's source code