In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Wes Claytor of One Firefly, shares principles and beliefs that lead to success in running and life.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wes Claytor. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Wes Claytor
After graduating with a degree in Exercise Science from Montclair State University, Wes spent some time in the health and fitness industry before making a move to North Carolina and ultimately landing at an account management position with a nationally recognized digital marketing agency with a core focus on Google Paid Search.
Wes joined One Firefly in 2019 with a goal of expanding his digital marketing toolkit to better service his clients. In addition to managing his book of business consisting of integrators located throughout North America, he also runs a personal blog. In his blog he shares his journey as an ultra marathon athlete and other personal stories.
- Wes' transition from the health and fitness industry into digital marketing
- The importance of work/life balance
- Wes' thoughts on the future of our industry in 2021
- Principles and beliefs that lead to success in running and life
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Wim De Vos, Thunder Lizard at Genesis Home Technology, shares his thoughts on how the custom integration industry can make it through this pandemic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wim De Vos. Recorded live on Friday, April 14th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Wim De Vos
Wim and his team of ex-custom installers have been growing Genesis Home Technology Architects for over 10 years. Defined as a B2B service company with a product offering, Genesis provides solutions from design, training, and marketing programs. Their premium branded products are exclusively sold through a select network of 300 certified installation partners in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal.
- Update on how COVID-19 is affecting European Installers
- Video marketing and how he’s sharing resources and knowledge to his Facebook audience
- Steps that Wim and his team are taking to make it through this crisis and ways our industry can prepare for these upcoming months
- Wim’s concept behind digital transformation and how it can affect small businesses
- The power of marketing and how it benefits businesses and strengthens their overall visibility and messaging
The Importance of Preparing for Inevitable Economic Downturns
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Robert Keeler. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Robert Keeler
Robert Keeler is an Industry veteran who started in the car audio industry in retail and manufacturing and subsequently Home AV with stints at Pioneer, Hitachi, Stewart Filmscreen and a couple of start ups along the way. Today my role is to "sell CEDIA" and ensure members see not only the value but take advantage of said value.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Robert Keeler:
- Robert's background in the industry
- Developing Original Content
- Events (lunch&learns)
- Photographing/Documenting your work
- The CEDIA Designer software
- Preparing for a downturn
An Inside Look at Marketing for this Industry
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing John Baskerville. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About John Baskerville
As Director of Product at One Firefly, John is principally tasked with the management and deployment of all web efforts, both internal and client-facing. John’s career in web spans nearly two decades. Since joining the One Firefly team in 2009, his knowledge and expertise have been tapped to help successfully build up the creative division of One Firefly.
The live interview covers a series of topics surrounding the AV and automation industry, such as:
- The process of designing and launching new products
- Key takeaways from Social Media Marketing World
- Rookie mistakes when getting started with digital marketing
- Black hat vs. white hat SEO