In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Wim De Vos, Thunder Lizard at Genesis Home Technology, shares his thoughts on how the custom integration industry can make it through this pandemic.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wim De Vos. Recorded live on Friday, April 14th, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Wim De Vos
Wim and his team of ex-custom installers have been growing Genesis Home Technology Architects for over 10 years. Defined as a B2B service company with a product offering, Genesis provides solutions from design, training, and marketing programs. Their premium branded products are exclusively sold through a select network of 300 certified installation partners in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal.
- Update on how COVID-19 is affecting European Installers
- Video marketing and how he’s sharing resources and knowledge to his Facebook audience
- Steps that Wim and his team are taking to make it through this crisis and ways our industry can prepare for these upcoming months
- Wim’s concept behind digital transformation and how it can affect small businesses
- The power of marketing and how it benefits businesses and strengthens their overall visibility and messaging
The Importance of Preparing for Inevitable Economic Downturns
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Robert Keeler. Recorded live on Wednesday July 10th, 2019 at 12:30pm EST.
About Robert Keeler
Robert Keeler is an Industry veteran who started in the car audio industry in retail and manufacturing and subsequently Home AV with stints at Pioneer, Hitachi, Stewart Filmscreen and a couple of start ups along the way. Today my role is to "sell CEDIA" and ensure members see not only the value but take advantage of said value.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Robert Keeler:
- Robert's background in the industry
- Developing Original Content
- Events (lunch&learns)
- Photographing/Documenting your work
- The CEDIA Designer software
- Preparing for a downturn
An Inside Look at Marketing for this Industry
In this Automation Unplugged episode, Ron Callis interviewed John Baskerville, One Firefly's Director of Product. John and Ron discussed best practices in digital marketing for the automation and AV industry, the process of developing new products, and top takeaways from John's attendance at Social Media Marketing World.
About John Baskerville
As Director of Product at One Firefly, John is principally tasked with the management and deployment of all web efforts, both internal and client-facing. John’s career in web spans nearly two decades. Since joining the One Firefly team in 2009, his knowledge and expertise have been tapped to help successfully build up the creative division of One Firefly.
The live interview covers a series of topics surrounding the AV and automation industry, such as:
- John's start in marketing and web design
- His role as One Firefly's Director of Product
- The process of designing and launching new products
- Key takeaways from Social Media Marketing World
- Trends and tools in digital marketing that integrators should be taking advantage of
- Rookie mistakes when getting started with digital marketing
- Black hat vs. white hat SEO
- And more.