A Deep Dive into Hiring and Training New Talent
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Gordon Isaac. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 18th, 2017 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Gordon Isaac
Gordon Isaac is a successful sales leader with nearly 25 years of experience in the CE/CI Industry. Highly analytical and process-driven, Gordon builds successful teams that get results and make companies grow. Gordon's industry experience includes roles as the National Director of Sales - CI Channel at Core Brands, West Coast Sales Manager at SpeakerCraft, and COO at R2W, Inc.
In this two-part interview, Ron and Gordon honed in on a clear challenge within this industry: recruiting and training new talent. Here are some of the questions Ron asked:
- Please tell our audience about yourself, what did you study in school, and how did you get involved in the custom integration industry?
- You have spent much of your career working with major brands such as Crestron and Elan, working closely with dealers. Do you see Hiring and Retainment as their current biggest obstacle to growth?
- How do you think integrators can solve this problem?
- From your experience, do you feel dealers are documenting their needs in the form or formal job descriptions?
- What do you think the hiring and interviewing process should be like within a typical integration firm?
- Where should integrators look for new hires?
- When is the right time to fire someone?
- What do you think are the main attributes of successful companies in this industry?
- Aside from finding new talent, what do you see as an obstacle to growth for most home technology professionals?