In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Bryan Naquin, President of Acadian Home Theater and Automation, shares the importance of relationships with your team and industry peers as well as his approach to paid service plans.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Bryan Naquin. Recorded live on Friday May 15th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Bryan Naquin
Bryan got started in the audio-video industry back in 1995 and has since amassed 25 years of industry experience. In 2005, he founded Baton Rouge-based technology integration company, Acadian Home Theater.
Acadian has been awarded the Top 100 Integrator Nationwide by CE Pro for 8 years in a row, making them the only Louisiana company holding that consecutive record.
Acadian is also recognized as the only Diamond Control4 Pinnacle Dealer within the state of Louisiana.
- Steps Bryan is taking to keep his team safe during COVID-19 such as turning down jobs in high-risk areas
- The importance of building relationships with industry peers and your community
- Bryan’s thoughts on whether CEDIA will return this year and the possibility of a virtual venue
- How Acadian approaches paid service plans during their sales cycle and the benefits they’ve experienced with Parasol for 24/7 remote servicing and support
Choosing a PCNA certified professional
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Chris Subbiondo. Recorded live on Wednesday March 14th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Chris Subbiondo
Chris is 38 Years old and lives in Chesapeake, Virginia. He’s originally from New Jersey, but joined the Navy when he was 18. After serving four years, he started doing installations as a DirecTV technician. Eventually that evolved into TV mounts, then home theaters, then smart home automation of today. Chris was the 13th person in the United States to obtain the newest PCNA certification and WSC Home Audio Video has achieved platinum dealer status with control4. WSC has been voted best of Angie's list and home advisor every year for 5 years in a row now.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Chris:
- Chris' background in the industry
- The importance of choosing a PCNA certified professional for a home networking project
- Why choosing a professional to help you with today's technology is worth it
- The future of home networking
- And more!
An Industry Expert’s Perspective on Networking, Robots, and Black Holes
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Nathan Holmes. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 26th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Nathan Holmes
In his role as Technical Trainer, Nathan helps integrators succeed by guiding them in best practices and providing helpful resources. Nathan has nearly a decade of technical expertise within the custom integration industry.
During the live interview, One Firefly CEO Ron Callis, Jr. asked Nathan a series of questions surrounding what Access Networks has to offer to dealers as well as his thoughts on the current state of the networking and home automation industry.
Watch the video to see Ron and Nathan discuss topics such as:
- How Nathan got started in the AV Industry and his current role at Access Networks
- The reason behind Access Network’s recent success
- Best practices and strategies for technical training
- The biggest networking mistakes integrators make most often
- The role of robotics and the automation industry in homes and businesses
- The coolest new technologies to get excited about
- Astrophysics and what’s really in the center of a black hole