In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis, CEO at One Firefly shares ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Chris Smith interviewing Ron Callis. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ron Callis
Ron got his start in the Custom Integration industry back in 2000, after graduating from VA Tech with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and starting his career with Lutron Electronics. He also spent time at Crestron Electronics before he started Firefly Design Group in 2007.
In 2012 the company rebranded and became the company everyone knows today as One Firefly. One Firefly is an Inc. 5000 company and award-winning marketing agency serving residential and commercial technology professionals.
- How Ron found his way into the custom integration industry
- Ron’s unique experience being part of a human-powered submarine team while a student at Virginia Tech
- The One Firefly company culture and how they were able to shift to a fully remote company in 2016
- Ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Wes Claytor of One Firefly, shares principles and beliefs that lead to success in running and life.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wes Claytor. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Wes Claytor
After graduating with a degree in Exercise Science from Montclair State University, Wes spent some time in the health and fitness industry before making a move to North Carolina and ultimately landing at an account management position with a nationally recognized digital marketing agency with a core focus on Google Paid Search.
Wes joined One Firefly in 2019 with a goal of expanding his digital marketing toolkit to better service his clients. In addition to managing his book of business consisting of integrators located throughout North America, he also runs a personal blog. In his blog he shares his journey as an ultra marathon athlete and other personal stories.
- Wes' transition from the health and fitness industry into digital marketing
- The importance of work/life balance
- Wes' thoughts on the future of our industry in 2021
- Principles and beliefs that lead to success in running and life
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Tina Baker of One Firefly shares tools One Firefly has implemented to improve their company culture as a fully remote team.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Tina Baker. Recorded live on Monday, October 30th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Tina Baker
With over 15 years working in Recruiting and Human Resources, Tina joined One Firefly in the beginning of 2020 with a proven track record of implementing programs that focus on company culture and improving employee satisfaction.
At One Firefly, Tina’s responsibilities encompass all areas of Human Resources such as talent acquisition, performance management, benefits enrollment, and employee engagement.
- The importance of company culture
- Best practices around hiring the right people
- How the hiring process has changed at One Firefly since Tina joined the team
- Tools One Firefly has implemented to improve their company culture as a fully remote team.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Taylor Whipple of One Firefly, shares how an analytical approach to brainstorming ideas has helped further empower One Firefly’s growth.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Taylor Whipple. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Taylor Whipple
Having just celebrated his 7 year anniversary with One Firefly, Taylor has been responsible for overseeing the organization's financial and production management.
Throughout the years, Taylor has been a key member of the leadership team in overseeing One Firefly’s operations and providing guidance to the CEO. One Firefly has recorded a period of record growth including 4 years of 30%+ YOY growth culminating with a place in the 2020 Inc. 5000.
- His rewarding time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in West Africa - he even spoke to us in Wolof!
- Taylor’s start in the music industry where he spent some time working for Madonna’s music label before he decided to go back to school to pursue his MBA in Finance.
- How an analytical approach to brainstorming ideas has helped further empower One Firefly’s growth
- One Firefly receiving a placement on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list
Get to know your ideal client
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kelly Giles. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019 at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Kelly Giles
As Head of Content at One Firefly, Kelly is responsible for the general management of the content team, providing leadership focus and support for the department.
Kelly is in charge of ensuring the performance and health of the content department is sustained at optimal levels to meet the demands, goals, and objectives of the department.
After graduating with her Bachelor's Degree from the University of Colorado Springs in Business and Marketing, Kelly took roles in TV ad sales and with another marketing agency before joining the One Firefly team in January 2018.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Kelly Giles
- The differences between using Facebook and Instagram for your business
- How content helps to guide a potential customer through the buyer's journey
- Strategies that integrators can use to figure out their ideal customers
- The importance of asking your customers where they found you