In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Alexa, and Angel Centeno of SDI Boston share their passion for the custom integration industry from their recent merger with audioDave to their impressive smart home showroom.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Alexa and Angel Centeno. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Alexa and Angel Centeno
Husband and wife duo, Alexa and Angel Centeno, are the owners of Systems Design & Integration also known as SDI in the Boston area. After working with one of the largest AV integration firms in Orlando, Florida since 2006, Angel founded SDI in 2012. Once Alexa joined shortly thereafter, the company began shifting away from simple TV installations and surround sound projects to implementing complete smart home automation systems and full integrations for larger homes.
SDI was awarded Savant's 2018 Through & Through Award and named Best of Boston in 2019 by Boston Magazine for Smart Home Specialist. Alexa and Angel are one of the youngest businesses in the country to pick up and offer the exclusive McIntosh product line. In mid-2019, they finalized their merger well known Savant integration firm audioDave out of Newton, Mass. SDI’s impressive 6,500 square foot showroom in Needham welcomes builders, designers, and homeowners to experience what technology truly is today and how it can be implemented into the design industry.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Alexa and Angel Centeno:
- How they've accomplished running a business as husband and wife
- Their recent merger with audioDave, a company with over 38 years in the industry
- The response from customers and the design trade on their 6,500 sqft showroom
- How they approach Instagram to help build their platform and reach a larger audience
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Lee Travis, innovator and thought leader in the home automation industry, brings a unique perspective as an owner of two custom integration firms in different markets.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Lee Travis. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 26th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Lee Travis
Lee got his start in car audio over 30 years prior to founding Wipliance in 2006. With two locations, one in Bellevue, WA, and the other in Scottsdale, AZ Wipliance has 35 employees, made $5 million in revenue, and was named Integrator of the Year for 2019 by the Consumer Technology Association and CES.
Wipliance’s unique approach to marketing efforts includes a dynamic video portfolio, exciting showcase events, and a sister company, Obot Electric, that offers a seamless experience for clients.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Lee Travis:
- His process in integrating electrical contracting to his business
- Challenges and advantages to operating in two different markets, Washington State and Arizona
- The importance and benefits of being part of a buying group
- The future of 5G and how it might impact the custom integration industry
How to use Social Media to Generate Leads
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kris Gamble. Recorded live on Wednesday July 31st, 2019 at 12:30 pm EST.
About Kris Gamble
Kris Gamble founder and co-owner of Customised based in the UK. He is also the Co-creator/host of The Digital Ramble. He is a pioneer of sensibly priced professional smart home installation. Kris has been socially active since 2011 with a long history of blogging, vlogging, podcasting, public speaking and organizing events around Smart Home. He’s also the creator of #LiveInstall.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Robert Keeler:
- Kris´ background in the industry
- Enough with the luxury focus of Smart Home
- UK shows the rest of the world how to win on social
- Start today or risk being invisible tomorrow! Social media for lazy installers.
- How to become the local tech hero