Job Posting Title: Content Editor
Job Title: Content Editor
Reports to: Senior Content Editor
Location: Remote (Full time, Work from home position)
The Content Editor reports to the Senior Content Editor and is responsible for supporting One Firefly by proofreading content produced for our clients in the form of unique blogs, newsletters, press releases, case studies and more. Additionally, they must have a passion for helping the team grow, demonstrated by an ongoing effort to help with training team members on new processes and writing best-practices. The Content Editor will also take a role in coordinating workflows and ensuring monthly deliverables are completed on time.
The Content Editor role is a production-based role. The ideal candidate is not afraid to provide guidance while supporting the direction of the Senior Content Editor. This person will also play a role in developing and refining One Firefly’s content style guide.
The ideal candidate should be adept at working within a diverse team environment, adapting to various needs, personalities and backgrounds. They should retain substantial technical expertise while always learning more -- and be approachable as a go-to specialist within the organization. This Content Editor should be ready to assist writers in improving their content and the team overall in getting deliverables out on time.
This candidate should be open to engaging in discussions with the team as a whole on how to improve our processes. They are also expected to assist with ongoing training for writers based on issues they isolate while conducting peer reviews.
What you’ll do:
- Edit content for all channels in the marketing ecosystem, including blogs, newsletters and others as directed, including, but not limited to, landing page copy, press releases, case studies, white papers and brochures.
- Proofread and edit various content forms and provide sound critique where needed.
- Thoroughly research the industry to enhance and substantiate content.
- Work closely with the Senior Content Editor to understand needs of the department, understand organizational objectives and report team progress.
- Stay up to date on the broader principles and methodologies of digital marketing.
- Provide helpful guidance, support and leadership to the writing team via trainings and style guide.
- Aid Senior Content Editor in coordinating with third-party writers (freelance and writer agency).
- Optimize editorial processes to ensure timely production of all deliverables.
- Coordinate with account managers, project managers, admin, and writers to ensure all deliverables are complete.
- Communicate with clients to ensure timely delivery of content, and when needed, revise content and create Content Revision Requests.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, English or Communications or related degree strongly preferred
- At least four years of experience writing or proofreading professionally or academically, preferably web content
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in all things related to effective content creation for: SEO, web content, newsletter/email, social media, press releases, white papers, case studies, etc.
- Passion for writing strategic copy and creative content for multiple audiences in a fast-paced and evolving industry.
- Expertise in editing and proofreading content to meet content marketing best practices
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to carry detailed projects through to completion
- Impeccable knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Zoho, MS Office, WordPress, Joomla, or other Content Management Software
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to translate that into original content for specific marketing channels
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions with a proactive approach to problem identification and solving.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry trends as it relates to content creation
- High level of enthusiasm
- Proven record of integrity
- Proven record of following through on commitments
- Proven problem solver that takes initiative
- Result-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional listening and writing skills
- Proven ability to handle some of our most selective, detail-oriented clients’ demands
- Ability to travel for periodic team training events
What We Offer:
- Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Company provided computer and Office Supplies Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Access to our Career Track and Skills Shed learning and development programs
- A fantastic culture with amazing coworkers!
Who We Are:
One Firefly, LLC is an award-winning marketing agency that caters to residential and commercial custom integration and security markets. One Firefly is headquartered in Coral Springs, Florida with staff located throughout North America and has been operating since 2007. At One Firefly we value people who are naturally high achievers with a growth mindset. So, even if you don’t 'check all the boxes' on this job description, BUT you are passionate about learning and growing yourself along with helping others around you, we encourage you to apply!One Firefly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that is diverse with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe that through collaboration of various viewpoints, we have better ideas, leading to a better place to work with more innovative products and services to offer our clients.