In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Maryellen, of Connected Design Magazine, shares about the potential permanent move to virtual meetings, demonstrations and trade events.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Maryellen Oswald. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 24th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Maryellen Oswald
With 22 years in consumer publication, Maryellen and her team at Connected Design Magazine work to build bridges and create networking opportunities between technology professionals and the design & build community.
Connected Design Magazine is a seasonal publication venture between CT Lab Global Media and IFA that offers a visual showcase of the modern-day technology industry partnering with world-class architects, builders, and designers as they pioneer a new era of sophisticated connected homes.
- How Maryellen got her start in Consumer Electronics with Widescreen Magazine
- The potential permanent move to virtual meetings, demonstrations and trade events
- Insider look at the benefits of being featured in a publication such as Connected Design Magazine
- Maryellen’s thoughts on the current state and future of our industry
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Kyle Steele shares what the last 90 days have looked like for Global Wave Integration as a California-based business with job sites located around the US.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kyle Steele. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 17th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Kyle Steele
Kyle got his start in the audio/video industry as a way to make ends meet after moving to California with his bandmates shortly after graduating from college.
He started California-based Global Wave Integration in 2004, after gaining experience working for two southern California based integration firms.
Today, Global Wave Integration has completed projects that span from the West Coast to the Middle East, has been named "Best of Houzz Service" for seven years in a row, and can be found in publications such as Architectural Digest.
- How the Global Wave Integration wellness showroom has transformed due to COVID
- What the last 90 days have looked like for Global Wave Integration as a California-based business with job sites located around the US.
- Kyle’s thoughts on the industry’s role in approaching conversations around race
- Kyle’s strategies around building strong teams using personality types as a rubric for team composition.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Steve Haas shares the importance of having conversations around race and Steve’s plans to bring in more diversity into our industry as well as Steve’s approach to educating end-users and integrat
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Steve Haas. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 10th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Steve Haas
With over 30 years of experience as an acoustic and audio designer, Steve discovered the field of acoustics while studying at Cornell University.
Steve has consulted on a variety of high-end projects ranging from concert halls to Broadway theaters and residential spaces throughout the New England area.
Over the last two decades, Steve has brought the quality audio experience into the high-end residential market where he works with homeowners, architects, interior designers, builders, and technology integrators to help keep sound quality and control top of mind.
- Steve’s origin story and his transition into the high-end residential space
- Steve’s approach to educating end-users and integrators about home audio
- Changes Steve and his team are making in light of COVID, such as offering webinars revolving residential acoustics
- The importance of having conversations around race and Steve’s plans to bring in more diversity into our industry
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Alex Camara shares thoughts on approaching conversations within the workplace revolving race and creating a safe space for all employees as well as the importance of a "restart" after COVID 19.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Alex Camara. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 3rd at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Alex Camara
After an exciting career in technology startups including Coinstar and Redbox, London Native, Alex joined Seattle based Audio Control in 2011 and ultimately acquired the company in 2013.
At AudioControl, Alex and his team of obsessive audio experts focus on designing, engineering, and manufacturing in the USA some of the most innovative, high-performance audio solutions for residential, commercial, and automotive markets.
- Alex’s backstory in technology startups before acquiring Audio Control
- Alex's thoughts on approaching conversations within the workplace revolving race and creating a safe space for all employees
- Audio Control’s “restart” message means in light of COVD-19
- How demand for “home entertainment” has increased and what he is seeing in demand for audio control solutions throughout the country.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ariel Gutierrez shares about the impact COVID-19 has had on the Latin American economy and currencies as well as his reaction to the Savant acquisition of GE Lighting.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Ariel Gutierrez. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 27th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ariel Gutierrez
Founded in 2009, Ariel and his wife co-founded Miami-based Polaris Controls, a manufacturer representative firm that covers Latin American and The Caribbean.
Since their founding, Polaris Controls has built a network of over 500 dealers across both regions and developed their A/V and building automation offering for residential and commercial projects including government and hospitality.
- Origin story behind Polaris Controls
- Ariel’s reaction to the Savant acquisition of GE Lighting
- The impact COVID-19 has had on the Latin American economy and currencies
- The webinar and podcast strategy launched by Polaris Controls to better help their dealers
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason Barth and Jamie Carey from The Premier Group, share the impacts that photography, showroom renovations, and increased marketing efforts have had on their business.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason Barth & Jamie Carey. Recorded live on Thursday, May 21st at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About The Premier Group
Founded in 1999, Jason along with his two college friends and fellow bandmates, took their passion for music and technology to start their new firm. Jason uses his comprehensive and in-depth technical knowledge to simplify complex technologies in a way that's easy for consumers to understand.
With a background in marketing and the Director of Business Development at Premier, Jamie marries the two through photography and storytelling in a combined effort to attract new clientele, builder relationships, and architects and designers.
The Premier Group has been named a CEPro’s Top 100 Integrator in the U.S. for 11 consecutive years and has also won the prestigious Best Integrated Home award for the past two years.
- The impact that beautifully shot photography has had on their business
- Changes Jason made in light of COVID-19 such as renovating their showroom, updating their website, and other marketing
- Changes in consumer demand in response to COVID-19
- How Jamie’s addition to the team as Director of Business Development has helped The Premier Group strengthen their company culture and online presence