In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jeff Galea, Founder and President at Boca Tech and Automation shares the importance behind educating consumers to improve sales and communication.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jeff Galea. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 10th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jeff Galea
Jeff’s work experience includes positions with General Motors and a Silicon Valley Startup prior to taking his passion for high-end electronics and launching Boca Theater and Automation, now Boca Teach and Automation, in 2003 out of South Florida.
Today, Jeff’s team focuses exclusively on integrating luxury A/V and control systems into homes, yachts, and businesses in some of the most prestigious spaces in the United States.
Boca Tech and Automation continue to rank among the CEPro Top 100 Integrators of the U.S., and two of their projects were even featured in HGTV’s Top Ten Luxury Home Theaters.
- How a COVID inspired look behind-the-scenes for the design community turned into a successful weekly seminar series
- The importance behind educating consumers to improve sales and communication
- Jeff's showroom powered by Rosewater Energy and his take on battery storage technologies
- Jeff's business outlook for 2021 and why he will still be focusing on recurring revenue
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis, CEO at One Firefly shares ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Chris Smith interviewing Ron Callis. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 3rd at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ron Callis
Ron got his start in the Custom Integration industry back in 2000, after graduating from VA Tech with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and starting his career with Lutron Electronics. He also spent time at Crestron Electronics before he started Firefly Design Group in 2007.
In 2012 the company rebranded and became the company everyone knows today as One Firefly. One Firefly is an Inc. 5000 company and award-winning marketing agency serving residential and commercial technology professionals.
- How Ron found his way into the custom integration industry
- Ron’s unique experience being part of a human-powered submarine team while a student at Virginia Tech
- The One Firefly company culture and how they were able to shift to a fully remote company in 2016
- Ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Adam Pauska of AXG Advisors shares innovative technologies that benefit both the integrator and homeowner.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason Roberts. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 27th at 11:30 a.m. EST.
About Adam Pauska
As an insurance expert and risk manager, Adam partners with the ultra-affluent and their other advisors to build and maintain their personal insurance portfolios, human-to-human, while navigating the ever-changing insurance marketplace.
Adam has landed coverage in print and broadcast outlets worldwide, including The Today Show, Wall Street Journal, Mashable, BBC, NPR, and CNN. His own articles have been featured in The Muse, Forbes, Inc., Mashable, DailyWorth, and Newsweek.
- Risks faced by high net worth individuals
- The breakdown on insurance credits for smart home systems
- Innovative technologies that benefit both the integrator and homeowner
- Types of insurance products for ultra-high-net-worth customers
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason Roberts of Bravas Boca Raton shares the Bravas approach to manufacturer preferences throughout their different locations.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason Roberts. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 20th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jason Roberts
Prior to joining the residential custom integration space, Jason spent 20 years as a software executive in the higher-education vertical.
In 2012, Jason bought what would be soon known as Spectrum Technology Integrators out of South Florida and grew the home automation company from a $2 million operation to a $7 million operation over the course of six years.
Today, Jason works with 14 other like-minded business owners to facilitate the merger that created the largest nationwide luxury A/V firm, Bravas.
- Jason's experience buying an integration firm in 2012
- The dynamics of developing a winning relationship with a custom builder
- The Bravas approach to manufacturer preferences throughout their different locations
- Jason's outlook for Bravas and our industry in 2021
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Andrea Hoffer of AHA! Recruiting Experts shares how companies can utilize assessments both during recruiting and for ongoing team development.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Andrea Hoffer. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 14th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Andrea Hoffer
With over 25 years of experience with hiring and leadership, Andrea’s core purpose is to give leaders their time and freedom back by helping them attract, engage, and retain team members who believe in and support their vision.
Andrea’s previous role as a spa owner with 35 employees provided her first-hand insight into the everyday challenges of motivating employees, exceeding customer expectations, and meeting business and revenue goals.
Today, Andrea helps companies recruit, hire, onboard, and engage their team members across many industries and verticals. Her clear cut action steps and supportive coaching has helped businesses build their Dream Team with great results.
- Common mistakes companies make during the hiring process
- Best hiring practices and techniques business owners can implement
- What to expect when working with a recruitment agency
- How companies can utilize assessments both during recruiting and for ongoing team development
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Angela Larson and Blair Piersall of Savant share ways Savant pivoted their focus to provide dealers more education and training during COVID-19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Angela Larson and Blair Piersall. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 30th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Angela Larson and Blair Piersall
Angela uses her 21 years of experience in the lighting control and home automation space to oversee Inside Sales, Marketing, Training, and the development of all web platform business tools, including the Savant Store.
With over 20 years in the custom electronic industry, Blair leads the field sales effort as Vice President of Sales for the pro channel of Savant's domestic and international business.
- Angela and Blair's backstory and how they transitioned into a career with Savant
- Ways Savant pivoted their focus to provide dealers more education and training during COVID-19
- The idea behind creating a virtual showroom experience
- The process for dealers and the design community to schedule a virtual demo.