In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Omar Alarcon, CEO & Founder at A's Smart Home Solutions shares advice and best practices with leveraging Instagram and his journey towards starting his own integration firm.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Omar Alarcon. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Omar Alarcon
From baker to electrician, Omar initially gained interest in home automation while out in the field on job sites. Then, with a newfound passion for tech and helping others, he and his wife were inspired to establish their own integration firm in 2015. Today, Omar is focused on providing his clients with best-in-class, high-quality technology solutions that upgrade their daily lives.
- His journey towards starting his own integration firm
- Advice and best practices with leveraging Instagram
- And how he selects which brands to work with
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Doug Greenwald, Founder & CEO of Projx360 and Creative Sound & Integration shares on developing and documenting business processes and what to expect from business software.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Doug Greenwald. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Doug Greenwald
Based out of Scottsdale, AZ - and joining us with over 27 years of industry experience - Doug first established Creative Sound & Integration in 2001 to better serve his clients with best-in-class smart tech solutions for their homes.
While building his successful business, Doug often struggled with finding an effective project management software to meet his needs. Taking matters into his own hands, he created his own software platform, ProjX360, to solve common challenges, and has since expanded it to include a complete end-to-end SaaS management software solution.
- Doug's start in the CI industry in the early '90s
- Scaling his integration company over the past 20 years
- What to expect from business software
- Developing and documenting business processes
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Donnie Boutwell, CEO at Media Systems shares strategies on personal vs professional social media and working with your spouse.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Donnie Boutwell. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Donnie Boutwell
After a decade of recording and producing records in Nashville, Donnie started out as an installer working for his uncle Steve Driskell at Media Systems. As the now CEO, Donnie has retained Steve’s demand for excellence and efficiency, while solidifying their mission to make home systems easy to use.
- Remote maintenance and diagnostics
- Leadership that focuses on delegating rather than micromanaging
- Personal vs professional social media strategy
- Working professionally with a spouse
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason McGraw, Group Vice President at CEDIA Expo & KBIS at Emerald shares what to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo including top brands attending such as Crestron, Lutron, and Savant.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason McGraw. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jason McGraw
Prior to managing the CEDIA Expo show for Emerald, Jason spent 25 years with Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA), most recently as Senior Vice President of Exposition and Event Services, leading the InfoComm show.
- Will there be a show?
- Current Health and Safety protocols in place for the show
- What to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo
- Some of the top brands that will be attending the CEDIA Expo including Crestron, Lutron, Savant, and of course, One Firefly
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Cory Reistad, President at SAV Digital Envrionments shares their approaches to leveraging best in class marketing and SEO for SAV as well as blending design and technology into spaces.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Cory Reistad. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Cory Reistad
Cory started his career in the technology space right out of college when he partnered up and started his first AV firm in 1999. He later founded Studio AV in 2005 before rebranding to SAV Digital Environments.
Based out of Montana, SAV has two locations -one in Bozeman and the other in Big Sky. They’ve even decked out their Bozeman location into a full art gallery powered by Ketra!
Today, SAV has a team of 80+ members that provide their market cutting-edge technology, including in-house lighting design and innovative home and business automation solutions.
- SAV's relaunch, post VIA, focused on best in class marketing and SEO, ultimately making Cory a convert to the power of marketing
- How Cory approaches blending design and technology into spaces
- Advice for integrators on how to deal with changes and challenges to supply shortages
- How the pandemic has increased consumer interest in wellness technology
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Josh Clark, Owner at Rely Technology shares lessons learned through his experience with buying out his business partner and their recent move into a new quarter-million-dollar showroom.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Josh Clark. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 12th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Josh Clark
Josh and his partner Jon founded Rely Technology out of Lexington, Kentucky, in 2008. His business launched by offering audio/video services, computer support, and IT. Within a few years of their start, they decided to drop computer and IT-related services in exchange for a focus on smart home automation.
Two years ago, two big events occurred. Josh bought out his partner and became 100% owner of the company and he opened their new quarter-million-dollar showroom in Lexington. Rely Technology has also recently expanded to a second location in Charleston, South Carolina.
Josh and his team place a radical focus on creating strong relationships with clients and referral partners, which has become their unique selling proposition.
- Josh's experience buying out his business partner
- Lessons learned from their move into their quarter-million-dollar showroom
- Josh's approach to hiring
- The importance of marketing and how Josh uses it to educate consumers