In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Donnie Boutwell, CEO at Media Systems shares strategies on personal vs professional social media and working with your spouse.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Donnie Boutwell. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Donnie Boutwell
After a decade of recording and producing records in Nashville, Donnie started out as an installer working for his uncle Steve Driskell at Media Systems. As the now CEO, Donnie has retained Steve’s demand for excellence and efficiency, while solidifying their mission to make home systems easy to use.
- Remote maintenance and diagnostics
- Leadership that focuses on delegating rather than micromanaging
- Personal vs professional social media strategy
- Working professionally with a spouse
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason McGraw, Group Vice President at CEDIA Expo & KBIS at Emerald shares what to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo including top brands attending such as Crestron, Lutron, and Savant.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason McGraw. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jason McGraw
Prior to managing the CEDIA Expo show for Emerald, Jason spent 25 years with Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA), most recently as Senior Vice President of Exposition and Event Services, leading the InfoComm show.
- Will there be a show?
- Current Health and Safety protocols in place for the show
- What to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo
- Some of the top brands that will be attending the CEDIA Expo including Crestron, Lutron, Savant, and of course, One Firefly
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Cory Reistad, President at SAV Digital Envrionments shares their approaches to leveraging best in class marketing and SEO for SAV as well as blending design and technology into spaces.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Cory Reistad. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Cory Reistad
Cory started his career in the technology space right out of college when he partnered up and started his first AV firm in 1999. He later founded Studio AV in 2005 before rebranding to SAV Digital Environments.
Based out of Montana, SAV has two locations -one in Bozeman and the other in Big Sky. They’ve even decked out their Bozeman location into a full art gallery powered by Ketra!
Today, SAV has a team of 80+ members that provide their market cutting-edge technology, including in-house lighting design and innovative home and business automation solutions.
- SAV's relaunch, post VIA, focused on best in class marketing and SEO, ultimately making Cory a convert to the power of marketing
- How Cory approaches blending design and technology into spaces
- Advice for integrators on how to deal with changes and challenges to supply shortages
- How the pandemic has increased consumer interest in wellness technology
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Josh Clark, Owner at Rely Technology shares lessons learned through his experience with buying out his business partner and their recent move into a new quarter-million-dollar showroom.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Josh Clark. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 12th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Josh Clark
Josh and his partner Jon founded Rely Technology out of Lexington, Kentucky, in 2008. His business launched by offering audio/video services, computer support, and IT. Within a few years of their start, they decided to drop computer and IT-related services in exchange for a focus on smart home automation.
Two years ago, two big events occurred. Josh bought out his partner and became 100% owner of the company and he opened their new quarter-million-dollar showroom in Lexington. Rely Technology has also recently expanded to a second location in Charleston, South Carolina.
Josh and his team place a radical focus on creating strong relationships with clients and referral partners, which has become their unique selling proposition.
- Josh's experience buying out his business partner
- Lessons learned from their move into their quarter-million-dollar showroom
- Josh's approach to hiring
- The importance of marketing and how Josh uses it to educate consumers
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Franco D'Ascanio, Founder and President at Coastal Source shares what makes Coastal Source stand out from competitors and how integrators can benefit from focusing on outdoor smart solutions.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Franco D'Ascanio. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 5th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Franco D'Ascanio
Before founding Marathon, FL based Coastal Source, Franco’s interest in audio and electronics led him to open his first stereo store at the age of 18 and later partnering with his brothers in opening D’Asign Source, a full service, design-forward firm offering architecture, construction, interior design, landscape design, and retail furniture.
Today, Franco continues to support the Coastal Source team by leading research and development efforts as they continue to grow and scale their popular product lines.
- Elements that make Coastal Source unique from other competitors
- The new Line Source bollard that sets a new standard for a quality listening experience
- What it looks like to be part of a family-owned business environment
- Why integrators should be more focused on solutions outside of the home
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Kat Wheeler, Author and Area Sales Manager at Snap AV and Control4 shares observations and takeaways on working with successful integration firms over the years.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kat Wheeler. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Kat Wheeler
Katharine comes to us with 18 years of experience in the consumer electronics industry, getting her start at a local AV shop in Kentucky before transitioning to a Manufacturer’s Rep role, and never looked back!
In 2016, Katharine joined SnapAV as a Territory Sales Manager for the Ohio, Wyoming, Upstate New York, and Western Pennsylvania markets before moving up to Area Sales Manager for SnapAV and Control4 in 2020.
Katharine is also the founder and chair of the Women in Technology group at Snap AV and Control4, with over 85 members. She recently self-published a murder mystery novel this year titled There is No Cloud, which is set in the world of consumer electronics.
- What led Katharine into writing her book, There is No Cloud
- The plot, setting, and characters in her new book
- Katharine's success around founding SNAP AV's Women in Technology Group
- Observations and takeaways on working with successful integration firms over the years