In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Adam Pauska of AXG Advisors shares innovative technologies that benefit both the integrator and homeowner.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason Roberts. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 27th at 11:30 a.m. EST.
About Adam Pauska
As an insurance expert and risk manager, Adam partners with the ultra-affluent and their other advisors to build and maintain their personal insurance portfolios, human-to-human, while navigating the ever-changing insurance marketplace.
Adam has landed coverage in print and broadcast outlets worldwide, including The Today Show, Wall Street Journal, Mashable, BBC, NPR, and CNN. His own articles have been featured in The Muse, Forbes, Inc., Mashable, DailyWorth, and Newsweek.
- Risks faced by high net worth individuals
- The breakdown on insurance credits for smart home systems
- Innovative technologies that benefit both the integrator and homeowner
- Types of insurance products for ultra-high-net-worth customers
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Andrea Hoffer of AHA! Recruiting Experts shares how companies can utilize assessments both during recruiting and for ongoing team development.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Andrea Hoffer. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 14th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Andrea Hoffer
With over 25 years of experience with hiring and leadership, Andrea’s core purpose is to give leaders their time and freedom back by helping them attract, engage, and retain team members who believe in and support their vision.
Andrea’s previous role as a spa owner with 35 employees provided her first-hand insight into the everyday challenges of motivating employees, exceeding customer expectations, and meeting business and revenue goals.
Today, Andrea helps companies recruit, hire, onboard, and engage their team members across many industries and verticals. Her clear cut action steps and supportive coaching has helped businesses build their Dream Team with great results.
- Common mistakes companies make during the hiring process
- Best hiring practices and techniques business owners can implement
- What to expect when working with a recruitment agency
- How companies can utilize assessments both during recruiting and for ongoing team development
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jon Robbins of HTSA shares on HTSA's sales training approach and membership and growth opportunities.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jon Robbins. Recorded live on Wednesday, November 25th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jon Robbins
With 44 years of experience in the custom integration industry, Jon got his start leading Hi-Fidelity House based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania back in 1975, when he took over the family business.
Today, Jon serves as Executive Director at HTSA where he crafts annual strategic business plans to help propel the organization forward. Jon is also responsible for building strong relationships with the finest technology brands and the nation’s top AV specialists –creating a powerful collective whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- HTSA's sales training approach
- Jon's view on how the recent 2020 election turnout will impact the custom integration space
- How Jon defines leadership
- HTSA membership growth and opportunities
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Tina Baker of One Firefly shares tools One Firefly has implemented to improve their company culture as a fully remote team.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Tina Baker. Recorded live on Monday, October 30th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Tina Baker
With over 15 years working in Recruiting and Human Resources, Tina joined One Firefly in the beginning of 2020 with a proven track record of implementing programs that focus on company culture and improving employee satisfaction.
At One Firefly, Tina’s responsibilities encompass all areas of Human Resources such as talent acquisition, performance management, benefits enrollment, and employee engagement.
- The importance of company culture
- Best practices around hiring the right people
- How the hiring process has changed at One Firefly since Tina joined the team
- Tools One Firefly has implemented to improve their company culture as a fully remote team.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Murray Kunis of Future Home, shares thoughts on the current state of our industry and what 2021 might have in store.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Murray Kunis. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 30th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Murray Kunis
Murray Kunis got his start in the music industry where he worked with top names including Prince, Van Halen, Barbara Streisand, and Michael Jackson. In 1990, Murray founded Future Home out of the demand from his clients for help with their home technology.
Murray was one of the founding integration firms of the trade organization CEDIA, he installed America’s first home THX system, and is the only Two Time Best-Of-Show winner of the International Home Technology Expo.
- Murray’s thoughts on the first 2020 Presidential Debate
- Murray’s experience with installing America’s first home THX system
- His recommendations for business just getting started in the custom integration industry.
- Murray’s thoughts on the current state of our industry and what 2021 might have in store
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Josh Willits of Portal, shares thoughts on the rest of 2020 and the future of our industry.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Josh Willits. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 9th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Josh Willits
With over 16 years in CI industry, Josh got his start in AV by selling speakers online out of his college dorm room. He spent years running operations at an integration firm before taking on the role of Director of Operations at Jetson Systems, a Crestron CSP.
Later in 2012, he founded Invenshare, a website for dealers to buy, sell, and trade excess inventory, before merging his business with SupplyStream two years later.
After the merger, Josh helped rebrand the company that is now known as Portal and was part of their turnaround in 2019, where they shifted business models into a subscription based SAAS model.
Portal has also won multiple industry awards for customer service thanks to their Dealer Happiness team.
- Josh experiences in the CI industry that ultimately led to his role as President of Portal.
- Portal’s turnaround strategy deployed in May 2019 that saved the company
- Proposal trends during that last 6 months including the amazing growth since June
- Josh’s thoughts on the rest of 2020 and the future of our industry