In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason McGraw, Group Vice President at CEDIA Expo & KBIS at Emerald shares what to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo including top brands attending such as Crestron, Lutron, and Savant.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason McGraw. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jason McGraw
Prior to managing the CEDIA Expo show for Emerald, Jason spent 25 years with Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA), most recently as Senior Vice President of Exposition and Event Services, leading the InfoComm show.
- Will there be a show?
- Current Health and Safety protocols in place for the show
- What to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo
- Some of the top brands that will be attending the CEDIA Expo including Crestron, Lutron, Savant, and of course, One Firefly
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Kris Coleman, Founder, President, and CEO at Red Five Security shares tips on protecting your privacy in the digital age.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kris Coleman. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 21st, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Kris Coleman
Before founding Red Five in 2004, Kris served internationally with the CIA and later with the FBI in California, handling missions including terrorism attacks, weapons of mass destruction, counter-terrorism post 9/11, and multiple Olympic security details.
Kris brings over 28 years of experience in the security and protective intelligence services industry. His depth in the public and private sector has allowed the Red Five team to specialize in high-quality, proactive, and discrete security services.
Today, Red Five operates with the goal to provide world-class, state-of-the-art security and protective intelligence services.
- How Kris moved from the public sector working with the government into the private sector founding Red Five
- Kris' five Pillars of Resiliency that he details in his book Raise Your Resilience
- Tips on protecting your privacy in the digital age
- When integrators and members of the design community should bring in a security consultant into the project
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Paul Bochner, CEO and Founder at Electronic Concepts shares social media strategies that have helped Electronic Concepts build their Instagram page to over 16,000 followers.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Paul Bochner. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 14th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Paul Bochner
With nearly 20 years in the A/V industry, Paul got his start as a technician in 2000 before founding New York-based integration firm Electronic Concepts in 2004.
Today, Paul and his team focus on performance across all aspects of A/V and integration. They use their large social media presence of nearly 20,000 total followers to show off their solutions and newly renovated luxury design center.
Electronic Concepts is a member of CEDIA, HTSA, HTA and is a Savant Platinum Integrator, ambassador, and advisory council member.
- Paul's motorcycle racing hobby and his experience racing with Keanu Reeves
- How Paul's paid advertising strategy has helped raise visibility on their YouTube channel and Instagram page and bring in more sales
- Paul's selling strategy that appeals to client's emotions rather than focusing on product facts or stats
- Social media strategies that have helped Electronic Concepts build their Instagram page to over 16,000 followers
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Susan Cashen, Former CMO at Control4 and Active CEDIA Advisor shares her journey from helping launch the TIVO brand in the '90s to becoming one of the first employees of Control4 energy division.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Susan Cashen. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 7th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Susan Cashen
Susan’s focus on helping companies build strong brand positions and deliver business results in crowded markets has led her to hold executive positions at Silicon Valley agencies and start-ups and led to her role as Senior VP of Marketing at Control4.
During her tenure at Control4, Susan was responsible for worldwide marketing, training, and support. She was part of the executive team to take Control4 public, drive strategic acquisitions and complete the 2019 merger with SnapAV.
Today, Susan advises clients in the CI channel, the industry association CEDIA, and serves on the board of SAVI Controls, T3 Micro, and Tectonic Audio.
- Susan’s experience helps to launch the TIVO brand in the ’90s
- How Susan moved from Silicon Valley to become one of the first employees of Control4 energy division
- Branding tips Susan recommends every dealer follow
- The importance of selling experience over technology
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Mark Coxon, Sales Director at Tangram Technology, shares his approach to human-centric design and how the modern office will look like in the years to come.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Mark Coxon. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 10th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Mark Coxon
As a proclaimed accidental technologist, Mark was set to pursue a career as a zoo veterinarian before discovering the technology space in 2000 when he took a position at IBM as a direct sales representative.
Today, Mark uses his interest in zoology and love for behavioral psychology to approach technology and human-centered design from a unique perspective at Tangram Technology.
- What led Mark from pursuing veterinary school to working at a residential integration company
- The future of work as companies begin to bring employees back to the office.
- Mark's approach to human-centric design and how the modern office will look like in the years to come
- Mark's creative endeavors, including a book he's currently writing and his podcasts, Daybreak and Selling AV.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Adam Pauska of AXG Advisors shares innovative technologies that benefit both the integrator and homeowner.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason Roberts. Recorded live on Wednesday, January 27th, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. EST.
About Adam Pauska
As an insurance expert and risk manager, Adam partners with the ultra-affluent and their other advisors to build and maintain their personal insurance portfolios, human-to-human, while navigating the ever-changing insurance marketplace.
Adam has landed coverage in print and broadcast outlets worldwide, including The Today Show, Wall Street Journal, Mashable, BBC, NPR, and CNN. His own articles have been featured in The Muse, Forbes, Inc., Mashable, DailyWorth, and Newsweek.
- Risks faced by high net worth individuals
- The breakdown on insurance credits for smart home systems
- Innovative technologies that benefit both the integrator and homeowner
- Types of insurance products for ultra-high-net-worth customers