This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Marc Ayoub. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 11th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Marc Ayoub
From technician to Energy Division Director, Marc Ayoub is a 20+ year CI industry veteran who held several unique roles throughout his career. His journey began in the early 2000s at an alarm company. He eventually joined Audio Command Systems, where he worked his way up to lead technician. While recovering from a broken leg in 2006, Marc took on a new challenge to teach himself how to program Crestron. He also worked closely with management to develop a streamlined design and installation process that significantly improved project efficiency. In 2011, Marc took his first vacation out west, and after giving a 6-month notice, packed his bags and moved to Colorado. Marc soon joined a local manufacturer’s rep agency, CET and Associates, where he took on several leadership roles to help integrators grow their business with products like Lutron, Sonnen, and Lumin. Today, Marc uses his passion for renewables to lead the Energy Division at CET with the ultimate goal to expand renewable energy throughout the country.
- Marc's journey through the industry and the lessons learned
- Who CET and Associates is as an organization and their unique approach to work culture
- Grid resiliency and the importance of renewable and efficient energy
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Troy Morgan, Founder and CEO at PanTech Design shares the impact of home automation and energy management in the home.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Troy Morgan. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 21st, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Troy Morgan
Troy is an innovator dedicated to elevating the quality of software and service for audio, video, and environmental automation. He has achieved many accomplishments throughout his 23 years in the custom integration industry, such as becoming a Crestron Master Programmer and founding his own integration firm, PanTech Design, in 2005. Under Troy's leadership, PanTech Design quickly became one of the leading firms of its kind to develop groundbreaking products like the Adapt for Crestron software suite and Adapt Energy home energy automation ecosystem. Today, Troy focuses on tackling the world's energy challenges with his revolutionary Adapt Energy solution that helps homeowners better monitor and manage their energy usage.
- The impact of home automation and energy management in the home
- Understanding the power of a watt
- An overview of energy integration and why it matters
- The concept of a virtual power plant
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jason McGraw, Group Vice President at CEDIA Expo & KBIS at Emerald shares what to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo including top brands attending such as Crestron, Lutron, and Savant.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jason McGraw. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jason McGraw
Prior to managing the CEDIA Expo show for Emerald, Jason spent 25 years with Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA), most recently as Senior Vice President of Exposition and Event Services, leading the InfoComm show.
- Will there be a show?
- Current Health and Safety protocols in place for the show
- What to expect from the 2021 CEDIA Expo
- Some of the top brands that will be attending the CEDIA Expo including Crestron, Lutron, Savant, and of course, One Firefly
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Kris Coleman, Founder, President, and CEO at Red Five Security shares tips on protecting your privacy in the digital age.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Kris Coleman. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 21st, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Kris Coleman
Before founding Red Five in 2004, Kris served internationally with the CIA and later with the FBI in California, handling missions including terrorism attacks, weapons of mass destruction, counter-terrorism post 9/11, and multiple Olympic security details.
Kris brings over 28 years of experience in the security and protective intelligence services industry. His depth in the public and private sector has allowed the Red Five team to specialize in high-quality, proactive, and discrete security services.
Today, Red Five operates with the goal to provide world-class, state-of-the-art security and protective intelligence services.
- How Kris moved from the public sector working with the government into the private sector founding Red Five
- Kris' five Pillars of Resiliency that he details in his book Raise Your Resilience
- Tips on protecting your privacy in the digital age
- When integrators and members of the design community should bring in a security consultant into the project
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Paul Bochner, CEO and Founder at Electronic Concepts shares social media strategies that have helped Electronic Concepts build their Instagram page to over 16,000 followers.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Paul Bochner. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 14th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Paul Bochner
With nearly 20 years in the A/V industry, Paul got his start as a technician in 2000 before founding New York-based integration firm Electronic Concepts in 2004.
Today, Paul and his team focus on performance across all aspects of A/V and integration. They use their large social media presence of nearly 20,000 total followers to show off their solutions and newly renovated luxury design center.
Electronic Concepts is a member of CEDIA, HTSA, HTA and is a Savant Platinum Integrator, ambassador, and advisory council member.
- Paul's motorcycle racing hobby and his experience racing with Keanu Reeves
- How Paul's paid advertising strategy has helped raise visibility on their YouTube channel and Instagram page and bring in more sales
- Paul's selling strategy that appeals to client's emotions rather than focusing on product facts or stats
- Social media strategies that have helped Electronic Concepts build their Instagram page to over 16,000 followers
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Susan Cashen, Former CMO at Control4 and Active CEDIA Advisor shares her journey from helping launch the TIVO brand in the '90s to becoming one of the first employees of Control4 energy division.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Susan Cashen. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 7th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Susan Cashen
Susan’s focus on helping companies build strong brand positions and deliver business results in crowded markets has led her to hold executive positions at Silicon Valley agencies and start-ups and led to her role as Senior VP of Marketing at Control4.
During her tenure at Control4, Susan was responsible for worldwide marketing, training, and support. She was part of the executive team to take Control4 public, drive strategic acquisitions and complete the 2019 merger with SnapAV.
Today, Susan advises clients in the CI channel, the industry association CEDIA, and serves on the board of SAVI Controls, T3 Micro, and Tectonic Audio.
- Susan’s experience helps to launch the TIVO brand in the ’90s
- How Susan moved from Silicon Valley to become one of the first employees of Control4 energy division
- Branding tips Susan recommends every dealer follow
- The importance of selling experience over technology