In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Eric Joy, Chief Experience Officer at GHT Group is back to discuss the importance of communication and leaning on other integrators in our industry during this pandemic.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Eric Joy. Recorded live on Friday, April 10th, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Eric Joy
With his vast experience in the CE space as an integrator and manufacturer, Eric shares his unique perspective on approaching communication with manufacturers and your team during a time of crisis while also advocating on the importance of leaning on other integrators and building community.
GHT Group is a proud member of CEDIA and the HTSA buying group with a single 20,000 square foot facility located in Marietta, GA.
- Eric’s recommendations on the approach manufacturers and vendors should be taking to help integrators
- The importance of having a clear, open communication between your team and manufacturers
- Types of discussions Eric has been having with other dealers to help keep the industry booming through this crisis
- Steps Eric and his team are taking to keep their employees and clients safe when going out to projects
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Keith Harrison, Founder at Total Home Technologies, shares his perspective on the importance of RMR solutions and his approach to using virtual reality during project demos and system servicing.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Keith Harrison. Recorded live on Thursday, April 9th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Keith Harrison
Keith got his start in the custom integration industry in 1992 when he opened up his small A/V retail store while still in college. Today, Total Home Technologies has three Control4 certified showrooms, two in New Jersey and one in New York, and is the highest volume Control 4 dealer in the North East.
Keith is known to be a pioneer in the CEDIA channel for recurring revenue and offering the innovative solution of leasing automation systems to consumers.
- Keith’s approach to handling the changes in his business caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Keith’s rental equipment leasing model and how it has been bringing ⅓ of the companies revenue for the last five years
- How Keith and his team use virtual reality solutions like Help Lightning for virtual, hands-on support calls and Modus VR for media room and home theater demos
- Keith’s motto of building a bulletproof system through implementing backup routers to make more profit as opposed to relying on ongoing servicing
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Industry veteran, Mike Giffin VP at Help Lightning shares his experience in the CE space and the benefits of a remote servicing solution for smart home integrators.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Mike Giffin. Recorded live on Tuesday, April 7th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Mike Giffin
With nearly 45 years in the CE space, Mike Giffin is an industry veteran with experience in wireless and high-fidelity audio. Before joining Help Lightning, Mike founded Wren Sound Systems, a pioneering premium brand in wireless audio after his 22-year tenure with Harman International.
As Vice President at Help Lightning, Mike develops the custom integration and consumer electronics channel to provide integrators and service technicians hands-on servicing sessions through virtual and merged reality.
- The increased demand for virtual servicing during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How integrators can benefit from a solution like Help Lightning as more consumers begin to depend on technology
- Mike's perspective on ways integrators can make it through these uncertain times
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, foreclosure lawyer, Evan Rosen shares his insight on how to approach mortgages and personal debts as we deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Evan Rosen. Recorded live on Thursday, April 2nd, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Evan Rosen
Evan began his career in South Florida in 1997 and since then has fought to help defend people against foreclosure and improper debt collection.
With over 20 years of practicing law, Evan experienced the effects of the 2008 market crash first hand. His unique perspective on what he learned during that time brings insight, clarity, and hope to our industry on how to approach mortgages and personal debts in light of COVID-19.
- How COVID-19 is changing the law substantively and procedurally
- Evan’s perspective on the CARE Act involving mortgage protection and it can benefit renters
- Types of mortgages that do qualify for forbearance programs and what business owners should look out for to avoid building up fees
- Evan’s understanding of how the PPP payroll protection program will be determined and when companies will receive their payroll dues
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, industry leader Navot Shoresh, President of Spire Integrated Systems shares h unique perspective on value-based leadership and his approach to the importance of branding his company as oppose
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Navot Shoresh. Recorded live on Saturday, April 4th, 2020, at 11:00 am EST.
About Navot Shoresh
With 15 years in the business, Israel-born Navot Shoresh started his first business at the age of 22 after his service with the Israeli Army ended. In 2001, he decided to take his passion for providing high-quality audio visual systems and founded Spire Integrated Systems out of Michigan.
Now, Spire Integrated Systems employs over 20 employees between their Detroit and Traverse City locations. Spire Integrated Systems has been titled Best of Detroit 2019 by Hour Detroit Magazine in three categories including “Places to Buy Audio & Stereo” category and “Home Theater, Audio, Video Specialist.”
- What Navot and his team are implementing to come out stronger on the other side of COVID-19 from revising company weaknesses to training processes
- How Navot is approaching leadership during this time of crisis and his recommendations on demonstrate value-based leadership
- Navot’s perspective on the future of our industry and why we matter to our communities after the Coronavirus
- The power of recurring revenue and a look into Spire’s service contract: SPS Ready
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, industry leader and VP of Western Audio/Video, Erick Burton shares his background as a custom integrator and how him and his business are approaching this pandemic with stride.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Erick Burton. Recorded live on Monday, March 30th, 2020, at 3:15 pm EST.
About Erick Burton
After meeting David Wilson of Wilson Audio as a teen over 25 years ago, Erick was inspired by David’s passion and began spending his time experimenting with audio and custom installations. In 1999, Erick began his career in Salt Lake City when he joined Audition Audio as an installer. The following year, he founded The Media Room. Although The Media Room ultimately failed, Erick says that the lessons he learned led to his career as an independent AV contractor specializing in estate level projects and interior design.
Later in 2014, Erick joined San Francisco-based integration firm, Western Audio/Video, where here is now a partner and Vice President. WAV was founded in 1977 and while their roots are with high-level residential AV integration, they’ve transitioned into a firm with an 80/20 focus on commercial AV over the last five years.
- How Erick and his team are handling the challenges brought by COVID-19.
- How Erick's unique experience with Cystic Fibrosis prepared him, his family, and company to stay safe during this pandemic
- Why Erick limits his media consumption and ways he limits anxiety during these stressful times
- Erick's thoughts on preparing for the new normal after the Coronavirus pandemic is cleared