In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, business and life coach John Geraghty shares his perspective on the importance of mindset and how our day-to-day approach can affect us during a time of crisis.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing John Geraghty. Recorded live on Thursday, March 26th, 2020, at 6:00 pm EST.
About John Geraghty
John founded the executive coaching firm, Courageous Authenticity, in 2007 after being confronted by the harsh consequences that came from his clients focusing their goals and objects on economic factors. As he witnessed multiple financially successful clients face life diminishing factors beyond their balance sheets, he decided to expand his focus and contribution to involve a more integrated and comprehensive approach.
Today, John's mission is to awaken, inspire and equip leaders to envision, pursue, and celebrate living lives of joy and impact.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with John Geraghty:
- John’s recommendations on staying connected with your team in a virtual work environment
- Why right now is the time to dive in and focus on how to keep adding value to your clients and your company
- Ways to shift your approach and processes to stay transparent and align with the recent stresses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- What it means to “reframe” your mindset during uncertain times with the “The Prism of Perspective” approach
- John’s approach to fitness and the importance of practicing routine as a way to stay grounded and focused
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis interviewed custom integrator Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based smart home automation company, Digital Lifestyle Solutions.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rohan Dunbar. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 25th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Rohan Dunbar
Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based Digital Lifestyle Solutions. Rohan got his start in the AV business in 2005 working with Audio Command Systems out of New York learning how to install smart systems in high-end homes. It wasn't until 2008 that he began working closely with Crestron control systems for Residential and Commercial spaces.
In 2010, Rohan founded Digital Lifestyle Solutions with a focus on offering solutions as a CSP, Crestron Service Provider to integration firms throughout North America. In 2017, he made the transition to convert Digital Lifestyle Solutions into a full installation company serving both residential and commercial clients in the greater Atlanta market
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Rohan Dunbar:
- Rohan’s transition from Crestron Service Provider into a Certified Crestron Dealer
- Ways he is pivoting his focus to make up for project pauses caused by COVID-19
- How his business is preparing for the possible boom of business on the other side of COVID-19
- Which Crestron technologies have him jazzed for 2020
- What he’s doing to help other integrators grow and thrive
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Alexa, and Angel Centeno of SDI Boston share their passion for the custom integration industry from their recent merger with audioDave to their impressive smart home showroom.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Alexa and Angel Centeno. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Alexa and Angel Centeno
Husband and wife duo, Alexa and Angel Centeno, are the owners of Systems Design & Integration also known as SDI in the Boston area. After working with one of the largest AV integration firms in Orlando, Florida since 2006, Angel founded SDI in 2012. Once Alexa joined shortly thereafter, the company began shifting away from simple TV installations and surround sound projects to implementing complete smart home automation systems and full integrations for larger homes.
SDI was awarded Savant's 2018 Through & Through Award and named Best of Boston in 2019 by Boston Magazine for Smart Home Specialist. Alexa and Angel are one of the youngest businesses in the country to pick up and offer the exclusive McIntosh product line. In mid-2019, they finalized their merger well known Savant integration firm audioDave out of Newton, Mass. SDI’s impressive 6,500 square foot showroom in Needham welcomes builders, designers, and homeowners to experience what technology truly is today and how it can be implemented into the design industry.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Alexa and Angel Centeno:
- How they've accomplished running a business as husband and wife
- Their recent merger with audioDave, a company with over 38 years in the industry
- The response from customers and the design trade on their 6,500 sqft showroom
- How they approach Instagram to help build their platform and reach a larger audience
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Lee Travis, innovator and thought leader in the home automation industry, brings a unique perspective as an owner of two custom integration firms in different markets.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Lee Travis. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 26th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Lee Travis
Lee got his start in car audio over 30 years prior to founding Wipliance in 2006. With two locations, one in Bellevue, WA, and the other in Scottsdale, AZ Wipliance has 35 employees, made $5 million in revenue, and was named Integrator of the Year for 2019 by the Consumer Technology Association and CES.
Wipliance’s unique approach to marketing efforts includes a dynamic video portfolio, exciting showcase events, and a sister company, Obot Electric, that offers a seamless experience for clients.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Lee Travis:
- His process in integrating electrical contracting to his business
- Challenges and advantages to operating in two different markets, Washington State and Arizona
- The importance and benefits of being part of a buying group
- The future of 5G and how it might impact the custom integration industry
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, coach and EOS Implementor, Cesar Quintero shares his experience with the EOS process for optimal growth and company structure.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Cesar Quintero. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 7th, 2019, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Cesar Quintero
At 24 years old, Cesar moved from his home country of Venezuela to start a meal delivery service that was ahead of its time. After 5 years, the company made over six figures and had 27 employees, but he was stuck in the business running most functions in the leadership team. He then joined the Entrepreneurs Organization (EO) and learned about the book Traction, and implemented EOS in his company.
With 2 years of implementing EOS, the business doubled in size, and Cesar was able to pull back and work on the business solely as Visionary. That freed up his time to start 2 other businesses and started to mentor and coach entrepreneurs that wanted to scale.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Cesar Quintero:
- What entrepreneurs can expect from working with an EOS Implementer
- Defining the 6 key components in EOS
- Type of businesses that would benefit from the EOS system
- The EOS proven process of implementation
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, mentor and coach, Nigel Dessau is transforming marketing in a way that can help technology professionals think about the end-user experience in a different and profitable way.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Nigel Dessau. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 7th, 2019, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Nigel Dessau
Nigel Dessau, who got his start with IBM, has been a respected leader of business product marketing and product management for 25 years. He has been recognized for transforming marketing and driving business revenue to the next level and is now a CMO for Bravas, a national provider for multiple Fortune 500 technology companies. Nigel’s commitment to mentoring technology professionals expands to his business, The 3 Minute Mentor. He is also the author of Becoming a 21st Century Executive.
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Nigel Dessau:
- How the shift in market consumerism will likely affect the custom integrator
- Building your business using his "Content Approach Network" strategy
- What the next year looks like for Bravas and their plans for growth within our space
- His perspective on wellness and how integrators should position this solution to consumers