In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Shawn Hansson, CEO and Founder at Logic Integration shares on the increase in morale and work culture after returning to the office.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Shawn Hansson. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Shawn Hansson
Shawn Hansson is a recognized leader with over 25 years of audiovisual industry experience. In 2004, Shawn founded Logic Integration, a Colorado-based audiovisual and automation firm specializing in the design and installation of easy-to-use technology in homes and businesses. Today, Logic Integration has been recognized for numerous accolades such as Inc 500/5000, Colorado Companies to Watch, and CEDIA Contractor of the Year. Shawn is also a presenter and panelist for events throughout the AV industry such as CEDIA, ProSource, and CES to name a few. When not working, he also volunteers regularly as a drummer and board member of his local church.
- Building an award-winning business from a humble start in Shawn's garage
- One of Logic's hardest and biggest projects deploying a Crestron system in a former missile silo turned bunker in Kansas
- Increase in morale and work culture after returning to the office
- Trends in commercial technology in the workplace
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jeff Binette, President at SmartHome Solutions shares lessons learned from growing up in an entrepreneurial family.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jeff Binette. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 8th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jeff Binette
Jeff Binette is an entrepreneur with the mission of being a trusted and highly knowledgeable resource for homeowners, builders, architects and designers in the custom integration industry. After graduating from Bryant University with a concentration in Computer Science, Jeff held several IT roles while employed at Osram Sylvania and Genuity in Boston. In 2004, he founded SmartHome Solutions, a Kennebunk, Maine-based residential and commercial smart technology company. Today, the company’s business has grown significantly and now has a team of 7 dedicated individuals. When Jeff is not working, he enjoys spending time with this family, golfing, skiing, and other outdoor activities.
- Lessons learned from growing up in an entrepreneurial family
- Adding One Vision as their partner for after-sales service and support
- Labor shortage challenges and solutions
- Partnering with electricians to provide lighting fixture and lighting control solutions
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ryan Paddock, Chief System Designer at A Mindful Home shares the importance of privacy and technology in our homes.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Ryan Paddock. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ryan Paddock
Ryan Paddock is an integrator focused on redefining the industry’s approach and philosophy towards technology integration in our homes. He founded A Mindful Home in 2019 with the understanding of what’s next and anticipating change in the technology, products, and markets. He prides himself on designing and implementing elegant technology solutions focused on lifestyle and wellness to elevate his client’s homes.
- His unique philosophy and marketing position
- The importance of privacy and technology in our homes
- The increasing demand for circadian based lighting and home theaters
- The shift to battery and renewable power solutions
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Larry Supon, President at Automated Lifestyles shares the importance of utilizing outside consultants and coaches to help develop a business strategy for success.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Larry Supon. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 25th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Larry Supon
Larry Supon is an entrepreneur focused on providing his clients with the ultimate technology experience that meets their lifestyle goals. He started his career by programming industrial automation systems in 1994 after graduating with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Lehigh University. In 2000, Larry switched gears to work on commercial and residential automation systems when he founded Automated Lifestyles LLC. Larry has created a hands-on experience in which he is personally involved in the design of every project. He attributes the business’ success to this unique approach and, of course, having a wonderful team to execute the project. Today, Automated Lifestyles LLC has a staff of 11 employees and annual revenues of over 2 million dollars.
- The importance of utilizing outside consultants and coaches to help develop a business strategy for success
- The importance of having the right people in the right seats
- Building a culture of accountability and striving for professional growth
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Chris Edelen, President at Sterling Home Technologies shares on the latest supply chain issues related to Covid Delta outbreaks in China.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Chris Edelen. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 18th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Chris Edelen
Chris Edelen is a recognized leader of private equity and family-owned businesses. Chris started his career with Fox Photo, a New York company and advanced to the position of Executive Vice President/COO of company operations with sales over $250 million a year. Over the years, Chris has taken leadership roles such as President, CEO, and Vice President of Marketing at numerous companies including Grand Openings, Norwood Promotional Products, and Kohler Corp. Today, Chris is the President of Sterling Home Technologies, a custom home integration company. He also serves on the board of 2 high-growth companies as well as several charities.
- How the Texas market has grown and developed over the years
- The rise and fall of Eastman Kodak Company
- The challenges growing a business in the custom integration industry
- The latest supply chain issues related to Covid Delta outbreaks in China
- Pulling out of CEDIA and the likelihood of other fall events potentially canceling
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Marc Ayoub. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 11th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Marc Ayoub
From technician to Energy Division Director, Marc Ayoub is a 20+ year CI industry veteran who held several unique roles throughout his career. His journey began in the early 2000s at an alarm company. He eventually joined Audio Command Systems, where he worked his way up to lead technician. While recovering from a broken leg in 2006, Marc took on a new challenge to teach himself how to program Crestron. He also worked closely with management to develop a streamlined design and installation process that significantly improved project efficiency. In 2011, Marc took his first vacation out west, and after giving a 6-month notice, packed his bags and moved to Colorado. Marc soon joined a local manufacturer’s rep agency, CET and Associates, where he took on several leadership roles to help integrators grow their business with products like Lutron, Sonnen, and Lumin. Today, Marc uses his passion for renewables to lead the Energy Division at CET with the ultimate goal to expand renewable energy throughout the country.
- Marc's journey through the industry and the lessons learned
- Who CET and Associates is as an organization and their unique approach to work culture
- Grid resiliency and the importance of renewable and efficient energy