In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, John Clancy, Crestron VP of Residential, shares exciting news about Crestron Home and ways Crestron is helping their dealers and clients during this pandemic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing John Clancy. Recorded live on Wednesday April 22nd at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About John Clancy
With almost 30 years in the custom integration industry, John has experience as both a manufacturer, integrator and has served two years on the CEDIA Board of Directors.
John started his career with New York-based Audio Command Systems, working his way up from installer all the way to becoming Executive VP, CTO, and co-owner.
In 2016, John joined Crestron as VP of Residential where he uses his unique understanding of what his channel needs and what end-users want to continue positively impacting Crestron’s place in the global market.
- Ways John is seeing COVID-19 impacting dealers throughout the world
- Steps Crestron has been taking since February to keep his global team and consumers safe
- Exciting updates Crestron is making as a response to the lifestyle changes caused by COVID-19
- How Crestron is adding value to the industry by offering virtual resources, such as virtual product trainings and CEU course offerings
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Lien, VP of Sales at DES shares his two-goal approach for integrators during these difficult times and perspective on how lighting for wellness can be used in smart homes.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Lien. Recorded live on Wednesday April 15th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Lien
Matt got his start in the custom integration industry as an installer at Missouri-based integration firm, The Sound Room, before joining Crestron Electronics as a Regional Sales Manager for Residential Products.
During his seven years at Crestron, Matt met the team at Arkansas based DES and later joined them as VP of Sales in 2013. DES is also well known for developing the HomeSuite iPad app for Crestron systems, which has won the Crestron CEDIA Integration Award five years in a row.
- How DES supports multiple smart home platforms including Crestron, Savant, and Control4
- Matt’s thoughts on LED and tunable lighting and how it’s resonating with his customers
- Why they started offering electrical contracting services
- Matt’s two-goal approach to taking on projects and how he’s using that to create a silver lining during these difficult times
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Wim De Vos, Thunder Lizard at Genesis Home Technology, shares his thoughts on how the custom integration industry can make it through this pandemic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wim De Vos. Recorded live on Friday April 14th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Wim De Vos
Wim and his team of ex-custom installers have been growing Genesis Home Technology Architects for over 10 years. Defined as a B2B service company with a product offering, Genesis provides solutions from design, training, and marketing programs. Their premium branded products are exclusively sold through a select network of 300 certified installation partners in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal.
- Update on how COVID-19 is affecting European Installers
- Video marketing and how he’s sharing resources and knowledge to his Facebook audience
- Steps that Wim and his team are taking to make it through this crisis and ways our industry can prepare for these upcoming months
- Wim’s concept behind digital transformation and how it can affect small businesses
- The power of marketing and how it benefits businesses and strengthens their overall visibility and messaging
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Eric Joy, Chief Experience Officer at GHT Group is back to discuss the importance of communication and leaning on other integrators in our industry during this pandemic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Eric Joy. Recorded live on Friday April 10th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Eric Joy
With his vast experience in the CE space as an integrator and manufacturer, Eric shares his unique perspective on approaching communication with manufacturers and your team during a time of crisis while also advocating on the importance of leaning on other integrators and building community.
GHT Group is a proud member of CEDIA and the HTSA buying group with a single 20,000 square foot facility located in Marietta, GA.
- Eric’s recommendations on the approach manufacturers and vendors should be taking to help integrators
- The importance of having a clear, open communication between your team and manufacturers
- Types of discussions Eric has been having with other dealers to help keep the industry booming through this crisis
- Steps Eric and his team are taking to keep their employees and clients safe when going out to projects
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Keith Harrison, Founder at Total Home Technologies, shares his perspective on the importance of RMR solutions and his approach to using virtual reality during project demos and system servicing.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Keith Harrison. Recorded live on Thursday April 9th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Keith Harrison
Keith got his start in the custom integration industry in 1992 when he opened up his small A/V retail store while still in college. Today, Total Home Technologies has three Control4 certified showrooms, two in New Jersey and one in New York, and is the highest volume Control 4 dealer in the North East.
Keith is known to be a pioneer in the CEDIA channel for recurring revenue and offering the innovative solution of leasing automation systems to consumers.
- Keith’s approach to handling the changes in his business caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Keith’s rental equipment leasing model and how it has been bringing ⅓ of the companies revenue for the last five years
- How Keith and his team use virtual reality solutions like Help Lightning for virtual, hands-on support calls and Modus VR for media room and home theater demos
- Keith’s motto of building a bulletproof system through implementing backup routers to make more profit as opposed to relying on ongoing servicing
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Industry veteran, Mike Giffin VP at Help Lightning shares his experience in the CE space and the benefits of a remote servicing solution for smart home integrators.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Mike Giffin. Recorded live on Tuesday April 7th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Mike Giffin
With nearly 45 years in the CE space, Mike Giffin is an industry veteran with experience in wireless and high-fidelity audio. Before joining Help Lightning, Mike founded Wren Sound Systems, a pioneering premium brand in wireless audio after his 22-year tenure with Harman International.
As Vice President at Help Lightning, Mike develops the custom integration and consumer electronics channel to provide integrators and service technicians hands-on servicing sessions through virtual and merged reality.
- The increased demand for virtual servicing during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How integrators can benefit from a solution like Help Lightning as more consumers begin to depend on technology
- Mike's perspective on ways integrators can make it through these uncertain times