In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Bernath, Senior Coach at Vital Management shares 6 ways to increase profit and reduce chaos in your business.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Bernath. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 30th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Bernath
Matt is a veteran entrepreneur in the custom electronics industry who specializes in helping technology professionals transform their businesses. He has spent more than two decades in retail, wholesale, custom integration, and coaching - including founding and managing his own integration firm at one time. Today, as a Senior Coach at VITAL MGMT, Matt helps others achieve their dreams and business goals while also focusing on his overall mission to shift the CI industry's trajectory.
- 6 ways to increase profit and reduce chaos in your business
- Advice for an integration firm owner on managing their own compensation
- How to turn the most prosperous times into the most profitable times
- The time investment to start transforming your business and profits with Vital Management
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jaclyn Boutwell, Owner & CFO at Media Systems shares tips on how to approach your clients for approval to photograph projects and how she manages the finances for Media Systems.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jaclyn Boutwell. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jaclyn Boutwell
While Jaclyn is normally behind the scenes or behind the camera, we had so much fun connecting with her husband Donnie a few weeks ago on show 172 that we asked her to share her perspective on the business with our audience.
Jaclyn is a technology designer who specializes in merging beauty with tech. With a keen eye for detail, she elevates the home environment with high-tech solutions that blend seamlessly with architecture and aesthetics. She uses her background in artistic design, professional photography, and smart tech to aid every aspect of the business -from managing finances for the firm to assisting with sales.
- How to approach your clients for approval to photograph projects
- Basics of video and lighting configurations for successful Zoom meetings
- How she manages the finances for Media Systems
- Parental control and privacy management for minors on the Internet
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Omar Alarcon, CEO & Founder at A's Smart Home Solutions shares advice and best practices with leveraging Instagram and his journey towards starting his own integration firm.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Omar Alarcon. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Omar Alarcon
From baker to electrician, Omar initially gained interest in home automation while out in the field on job sites. Then, with a newfound passion for tech and helping others, he and his wife were inspired to establish their own integration firm in 2015. Today, Omar is focused on providing his clients with best-in-class, high-quality technology solutions that upgrade their daily lives.
- His journey towards starting his own integration firm
- Advice and best practices with leveraging Instagram
- And how he selects which brands to work with
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Doug Greenwald, Founder & CEO of Projx360 and Creative Sound & Integration shares on developing and documenting business processes and what to expect from business software.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Doug Greenwald. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Doug Greenwald
Based out of Scottsdale, AZ - and joining us with over 27 years of industry experience - Doug first established Creative Sound & Integration in 2001 to better serve his clients with best-in-class smart tech solutions for their homes.
While building his successful business, Doug often struggled with finding an effective project management software to meet his needs. Taking matters into his own hands, he created his own software platform, ProjX360, to solve common challenges, and has since expanded it to include a complete end-to-end SaaS management software solution.
- Doug's start in the CI industry in the early '90s
- Scaling his integration company over the past 20 years
- What to expect from business software
- Developing and documenting business processes
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Donnie Boutwell, CEO at Media Systems shares strategies on personal vs professional social media and working with your spouse.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Donnie Boutwell. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Donnie Boutwell
After a decade of recording and producing records in Nashville, Donnie started out as an installer working for his uncle Steve Driskell at Media Systems. As the now CEO, Donnie has retained Steve’s demand for excellence and efficiency, while solidifying their mission to make home systems easy to use.
- Remote maintenance and diagnostics
- Leadership that focuses on delegating rather than micromanaging
- Personal vs professional social media strategy
- Working professionally with a spouse
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Cory Reistad, President at SAV Digital Envrionments shares their approaches to leveraging best in class marketing and SEO for SAV as well as blending design and technology into spaces.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Cory Reistad. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Cory Reistad
Cory started his career in the technology space right out of college when he partnered up and started his first AV firm in 1999. He later founded Studio AV in 2005 before rebranding to SAV Digital Environments.
Based out of Montana, SAV has two locations -one in Bozeman and the other in Big Sky. They’ve even decked out their Bozeman location into a full art gallery powered by Ketra!
Today, SAV has a team of 80+ members that provide their market cutting-edge technology, including in-house lighting design and innovative home and business automation solutions.
- SAV's relaunch, post VIA, focused on best in class marketing and SEO, ultimately making Cory a convert to the power of marketing
- How Cory approaches blending design and technology into spaces
- Advice for integrators on how to deal with changes and challenges to supply shortages
- How the pandemic has increased consumer interest in wellness technology