In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Scott Abel, Director of Quality and Consumer at SAV, shares the importance of brand consistency and how to avoid brand confusion.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Scott Abel. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 13th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Scott Abel
Scott Abel is an expert marketer and in his role as the Director of Quality & Customer, he is focused on brand management, marketing analytics, and content strategies at SAV. After graduating from Montana State University in 2002, he worked as an in-house designer of a well-respected ranch and home supply store. Scott then went on to pursue his master’s degree at the Academy of Art University which catapulted him into freelancing at design firms throughout Silicon Valley. After eight years in the Bay Area, Scott moved back to Montana and joined the team at SAV Digital Environments.
- The experience gained and lessons learned while working in Silicon Valley
- The importance of brand consistency and how to avoid brand confusion
- Using criticisms as motivation to grow and improve
- Building relationships with photographers and videographers
- Creating and maintaining a social media presence
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Casey Levy-Tulloch, Manager of Business Development at Josh.ai, shares on the importance of privacy and security with a voice control service.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Casey Levy-Tulloch. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 29th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Casey Levy-Tulloch
Casey Levy-Tulloch is a visionary focused on building business relationships and developing new market growth opportunities. Raised in the San Francisco Bay Area by entrepreneurial parents, Casey grew up tinkering with technology and has always had a passion for innovation. He graduated from the University of Southern California in 2015 with a degree in Business Administration. Casey joined the Josh.ai team as an early employee over four years ago and now manages the company's business strategy and partnerships. As a former collegiate athlete, he brings a competitive drive and team-oriented mindset that has helped drive Josh.ai’s rapid growth.
- The challenges of getting a start-up business off the ground
- The simple, magical experience of Josh.ai
- The importance of privacy and security with a voice control service
- The One Firefly and Josh.ai partnership
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Shawn Hansson, CEO and Founder at Logic Integration shares on the increase in morale and work culture after returning to the office.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Shawn Hansson. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Shawn Hansson
Shawn Hansson is a recognized leader with over 25 years of audiovisual industry experience. In 2004, Shawn founded Logic Integration, a Colorado-based audiovisual and automation firm specializing in the design and installation of easy-to-use technology in homes and businesses. Today, Logic Integration has been recognized for numerous accolades such as Inc 500/5000, Colorado Companies to Watch, and CEDIA Contractor of the Year. Shawn is also a presenter and panelist for events throughout the AV industry such as CEDIA, ProSource, and CES to name a few. When not working, he also volunteers regularly as a drummer and board member of his local church.
- Building an award-winning business from a humble start in Shawn's garage
- One of Logic's hardest and biggest projects deploying a Crestron system in a former missile silo turned bunker in Kansas
- Increase in morale and work culture after returning to the office
- Trends in commercial technology in the workplace
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jeff Binette, President at SmartHome Solutions shares lessons learned from growing up in an entrepreneurial family.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jeff Binette. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 8th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jeff Binette
Jeff Binette is an entrepreneur with the mission of being a trusted and highly knowledgeable resource for homeowners, builders, architects and designers in the custom integration industry. After graduating from Bryant University with a concentration in Computer Science, Jeff held several IT roles while employed at Osram Sylvania and Genuity in Boston. In 2004, he founded SmartHome Solutions, a Kennebunk, Maine-based residential and commercial smart technology company. Today, the company’s business has grown significantly and now has a team of 7 dedicated individuals. When Jeff is not working, he enjoys spending time with this family, golfing, skiing, and other outdoor activities.
- Lessons learned from growing up in an entrepreneurial family
- Adding One Vision as their partner for after-sales service and support
- Labor shortage challenges and solutions
- Partnering with electricians to provide lighting fixture and lighting control solutions
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ryan Paddock, Chief System Designer at A Mindful Home shares the importance of privacy and technology in our homes.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Ryan Paddock. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ryan Paddock
Ryan Paddock is an integrator focused on redefining the industry’s approach and philosophy towards technology integration in our homes. He founded A Mindful Home in 2019 with the understanding of what’s next and anticipating change in the technology, products, and markets. He prides himself on designing and implementing elegant technology solutions focused on lifestyle and wellness to elevate his client’s homes.
- His unique philosophy and marketing position
- The importance of privacy and technology in our homes
- The increasing demand for circadian based lighting and home theaters
- The shift to battery and renewable power solutions
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Larry Supon, President at Automated Lifestyles shares the importance of utilizing outside consultants and coaches to help develop a business strategy for success.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Larry Supon. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 25th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Larry Supon
Larry Supon is an entrepreneur focused on providing his clients with the ultimate technology experience that meets their lifestyle goals. He started his career by programming industrial automation systems in 1994 after graduating with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Lehigh University. In 2000, Larry switched gears to work on commercial and residential automation systems when he founded Automated Lifestyles LLC. Larry has created a hands-on experience in which he is personally involved in the design of every project. He attributes the business’ success to this unique approach and, of course, having a wonderful team to execute the project. Today, Automated Lifestyles LLC has a staff of 11 employees and annual revenues of over 2 million dollars.
- The importance of utilizing outside consultants and coaches to help develop a business strategy for success
- The importance of having the right people in the right seats
- Building a culture of accountability and striving for professional growth