In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis, CEO at One Firefly shares ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Chris Smith interviewing Ron Callis. Recorded live on Wednesday, February 3rd at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Ron Callis
Ron got his start in the Custom Integration industry back in 2000, after graduating from VA Tech with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and starting his career with Lutron Electronics. He also spent time at Crestron Electronics before he started Firefly Design Group in 2007.
In 2012 the company rebranded and became the company everyone knows today as One Firefly. One Firefly is an Inc. 5000 company and award-winning marketing agency serving residential and commercial technology professionals.
- How Ron found his way into the custom integration industry
- Ron’s unique experience being part of a human-powered submarine team while a student at Virginia Tech
- The One Firefly company culture and how they were able to shift to a fully remote company in 2016
- Ways the structure and process of EOS helped One Firefly prepare for the challenges that came with COVID-19
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Marc Fulker of Greenstar Technologies shares how they were able to use their showroom to change the customer experience dynamic.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Marc Fulker. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 22nd at 5:00 p.m. EST.
About Marc Fulker
Based out of Melbourne, Australia, Marc started Greenstar Technologies in 2011 after spending 10 years working as an electrician in the residential and industrial sectors.
Today, Greenstar Technologies consists of a team of nine staff members, has been a Control4 dealer since 2016, and just recently opened a beautiful new showroom and office space in their central Melbourne location.
- The state of COVID-19 in the country of Australia
- How Marc was able to use his showroom to change the customer experience dynamic
- Marc's transition from an electrician to the home automation space
- We even got a video tour of his new showroom which is featured on our One Firefly Facebook page
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Brian Perreault of Barrett's Technology Solutions shares the benefit of building relationships and being a resource for clients.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Brian Perreault. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 16th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Brian Perreault
Today's show features Brian Perreault, COO at Barrett's Technology Solutions.
With nearly thirty years of experience at Barrett's and as COO and partner, Brian oversees all aspects of the business and has been instrumental in helping to guide the company to become a highly respected residential and commercial technology integration company in the greater Chicago-land area.
Active members of the ASID, CEDIA, and HTSA (of which Brian serves on the Board and is the current President), Brian and the Barrett's team take great pride in surrounding themselves with inspiring trade organizations and a network of peers with whom they can share insight, learn from and grow alongside.
- Brian's near 30-year career with Barrett's Technology
- The benefit of building relationships and being a resource for clients
- Why embracing change is crucial for the growth of a small business
- How integrating Google Ads into their marketing strategy has helped their business
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Gregg Dixon of AV Specialists, shares his approach to making 2020 their most successful year.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Gregg Dixon. Recorded live on Wednesday, December 2nd at 11:30 a.m. EST.
About Gregg Dixon
Tampa-based AV Specialists, was founded in 1995 by Gregg Dixon once he and his family moved to Florida from Buffalo, NY. Gregg decided to open up shop and focus on installing the same technologies he loved designing into his own home.
Now 25 years later, AV Specialists is having their most successful year in company history thanks to his dedicated and growing team and a renewed focus on home construction and remodeling from his core customer base.
- Gregg's approach to making 2020 their most successful year
- What projects looked like for Gregg in 1995
- Major changes Gregg made to help take AV Specialists to the next level
- Gregg's approach to company culture
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Pat and Phil Mulligan of Pacific Audio & Communications share logistical hurdles faced when running a Hawaii based business.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Pat and Phil Mulligan. Recorded live on Tuesday, November 24th at 4:00 p.m. EST.
About Pat and Phil Mulligan
Today's show features brothers Phil Mulligan, President at Pacific Audio & Communications Hawaii and Vice President, Pat Mulligan.
Phil founded Maui-based integration firm Pacific Audio & Communication in 1991 to help homeowners achieve their goal of integrated home control and entertainment systems.
Later in 1998, Pat joined Phil in the family business and used his military electronics experience and degree in electrical engineering to help run the CI side of the operation, including all Crestron programming.
Pacific Audio & Communications is a CEDIA Member, HTA Luxury Certified integration firm, and a Veteran Owned Business.
- Logistical hurdles faced when running a Hawaii based business
- Pat's time in the Army and the transition into the custom integration industry
- How Pat and Phil prepare their projects for extreme weather conditions
- The Ballistic Missle scare from 2018
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Harshul Parikh of Trescent Lifestyles shares thoughts on the potential boom that will come from the increased interest in smart home automation.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Harshul Parikh. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 21st at 9:30 a.m. EST.
About Harshul Parikh
Harshul founded Trescent Lifestyles in 2006 after he returned to India following a career stint in Silicon Valley. Back in India he observed the growing demand for smart technology in the home and the shortage of integration firms available while he was renovating his own home in Mumbai.
Harshul understood that India needed World Class System Integrators with the growing demand for Smart Homes and Home Theatres and he decided to be part of the solution.
Harshul is a founding member of CEDIA India and has been instrumental in bringing CEDIA into the country. Since its founding, Trescent has grown to a team size of 35 employees and completed residential projects over 100,000 sq. ft with budgets of $2.5+ million USD.
- Harshul’s role in bringing a CEDIA chapter to India
- How the custom integration space has been impacted due to COVID
- Harshul’s thoughts on the potential boom that will come from the increased interest in smart home automation
- An exciting AI software Harshul and his team are working on to make projects more seamless for Integrators and the design-build community