In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Pat and Phil Mulligan of Pacific Audio & Communications share logistical hurdles faced when running a Hawaii based business.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Pat and Phil Mulligan. Recorded live on Tuesday, November 24th at 4:00 p.m. EST.
About Pat and Phil Mulligan
Today's show features brothers Phil Mulligan, President at Pacific Audio & Communications Hawaii and Vice President, Pat Mulligan.
Phil founded Maui-based integration firm Pacific Audio & Communication in 1991 to help homeowners achieve their goal of integrated home control and entertainment systems.
Later in 1998, Pat joined Phil in the family business and used his military electronics experience and degree in electrical engineering to help run the CI side of the operation, including all Crestron programming.
Pacific Audio & Communications is a CEDIA Member, HTA Luxury Certified integration firm, and a Veteran Owned Business.
- Logistical hurdles faced when running a Hawaii based business
- Pat's time in the Army and the transition into the custom integration industry
- How Pat and Phil prepare their projects for extreme weather conditions
- The Ballistic Missle scare from 2018
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Harshul Parikh of Trescent Lifestyles shares thoughts on the potential boom that will come from the increased interest in smart home automation.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Harshul Parikh. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 21st at 9:30 a.m. EST.
About Harshul Parikh
Harshul founded Trescent Lifestyles in 2006 after he returned to India following a career stint in Silicon Valley. Back in India he observed the growing demand for smart technology in the home and the shortage of integration firms available while he was renovating his own home in Mumbai.
Harshul understood that India needed World Class System Integrators with the growing demand for Smart Homes and Home Theatres and he decided to be part of the solution.
Harshul is a founding member of CEDIA India and has been instrumental in bringing CEDIA into the country. Since its founding, Trescent has grown to a team size of 35 employees and completed residential projects over 100,000 sq. ft with budgets of $2.5+ million USD.
- Harshul’s role in bringing a CEDIA chapter to India
- How the custom integration space has been impacted due to COVID
- Harshul’s thoughts on the potential boom that will come from the increased interest in smart home automation
- An exciting AI software Harshul and his team are working on to make projects more seamless for Integrators and the design-build community
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jesse Silva of The PAVE shares innovative ways he has expanded their reach and customer acquisition through social media.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jesse Silva. Recorded live on Wednesday, October 14th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jesse Silva
Jesse founded The ProView Audio Video Experience out of Phoenix, Arizona in 2009 as a side hustle while still in college and later on while working IT for Bank of America.
Jesse went all-in on The PAVE 3 years ago and hasn’t looked back. The PAVE is known nationally and internationally for their creative use of social media to stay connected with their clients, showcase their work, and to drive business development efforts.
- The impacts of COVID-19 on Jesse’s business
- The PAVE doubling their growth since 2019
- Innovative ways Jesse has expanded their reach and customer acquisition through social media
- Manufacturers that embody “exceptional support” and how it has helped Jesse and his team grow
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Fowler of HomeTroniX, shares his approach to marketing and creating a strong digital presence.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Fowler. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 16th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Fowler
In 2014, Matt invested in HomeTroniX with his father while a senior at Tulane University but chose to pursue his career in the Marine Corps and later in the wine industry.
In 2019, with the company at a crossroads between growing at a faster rate or keeping the status quo, Matt agreed to join the family business as an executive with the goal of growing and scaling the integration firm.
- How Matt’s time in the Marine Corps impacted his role as a leader
- How to grow and scale an integration firm
- HomeTroniX’s growth during COVID
- Matt’s approach to marketing and creating a strong digital presence
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Paul Lopez of Integrated Lifestyles, shares on their transition from a majority commercial focus pre-COVID to a majority residential focus post COVID.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Paul Lopez. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 5th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Paul Lopez
Throughout his 20 years in the custom integration industry, Paul has run up the ranks of audio, video, and custom installations from pulling cables in hot attics to now running a multi-million dollar business since their inception 3 years ago.
Today, Paul runs Dallas-based custom integration firm, Integrated Lifestyles where they focus on creating a collaborative work environment with a “client first” approach.
- What experiences led Paul to opening his own integration firm.
- What it’s like being a Dolphins fan living in Dallas
- Paul’s transition from a majority commercial focus pre-covid to a majority residential focus post covid.
- Why Integrated Lifestyles chose to join the ProSource buying group
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Rusty Deeble of Digital Installers, shares the positive impact that the ProSource Dream Theater Makeover Contest has had on Digital Installers.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wim De Vos. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Rusty Deeble
We initially spoke with Rusty on May 6th, 2020, where he gave us a tour of their recently renovated Long Beach showroom. To catch the full video tour, visit the One Firefly Facebook page or go to our website, onefirefly.com/au.
We catch up with Rusty 2 months later to get a closer look at how recent world events have affected his business and his thoughts on the overall future of our industry.
Rusty founded Digital Installers in 2001. Since inception, he has worked hard to make his customers happy by providing friendly, professional, and clean custom audio/video installations regardless of project size.
- The positive impact that the ProSource Dream Theater Makeover Contest has had on Digital Installers
- Ways Rusty gives back to his clients and community by offering their showroom as an event space
- Rusty’s recent experiences with homeowners ready to invest into their property such as outdoor spaces and home offices
- Rusty’s love of MMA and Wrestling