In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Rusty Deeble, President of Digital Installers, shares how interior design has elevated their showroom as well as using social media methods to strengthen design-build relationships.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rusty Deeble. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 5th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Rusty Deeble
With a life-long passion for technology, Rusty has been building computers and networking them for businesses since he was 14-years old. Towards the end of his studies at Cal State University, Rusty founded Digital Installers out of Long Beach, California in 2001 and has never looked back.
Digital Installers now has an impressive showroom that mixes interior design with smart technology and even won the ProSource Dream Theater Makeover Contest in 2019.
Rusty uses his showroom as a way to bring the community together, from offering it as an event venue to even gifting movie nights to dedicated clients and prospects.
- How the use of quality interior design has elevated their showroom and helped consumers better envision smart technology in their home
- Ways Rusty is using social media to strengthen relationships within the design-build community
- The benefits using his showroom as an event venue has brought to Digital Installers over the years
- Why Rusty created the concept of TV templates and how he believe it can help integrators save time and win larger projects
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Lien, VP of Sales at DES shares his two-goal approach for integrators during these difficult times and perspective on how lighting for wellness can be used in smart homes.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Lien. Recorded live on April 15th, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Lien
Matt got his start in the custom integration industry as an installer at Missouri-based integration firm, The Sound Room, before joining Crestron Electronics as a Regional Sales Manager for Residential Products.
During his seven years at Crestron, Matt met the team at Arkansas based DES and later joined them as VP of Sales in 2013. DES is also well known for developing the HomeSuite iPad app for Crestron systems, which has won the Crestron CEDIA Integration Award five years in a row.
- How DES supports multiple smart home platforms including Crestron, Savant, and Control4
- Matt’s thoughts on LED and tunable lighting and how it’s resonating with his customers
- Why they started offering electrical contracting services
- Matt’s two-goal approach to taking on projects and how he’s using that to create a silver lining during these difficult times
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Eric Joy, Chief Experience Officer at GHT Group is back to discuss the importance of communication and leaning on other integrators in our industry during this pandemic.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Eric Joy. Recorded live on Friday, April 10th, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Eric Joy
With his vast experience in the CE space as an integrator and manufacturer, Eric shares his unique perspective on approaching communication with manufacturers and your team during a time of crisis while also advocating on the importance of leaning on other integrators and building community.
GHT Group is a proud member of CEDIA and the HTSA buying group with a single 20,000 square foot facility located in Marietta, GA.
- Eric’s recommendations on the approach manufacturers and vendors should be taking to help integrators
- The importance of having a clear, open communication between your team and manufacturers
- Types of discussions Eric has been having with other dealers to help keep the industry booming through this crisis
- Steps Eric and his team are taking to keep their employees and clients safe when going out to projects
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Keith Harrison, Founder at Total Home Technologies, shares his perspective on the importance of RMR solutions and his approach to using virtual reality during project demos and system servicing.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Keith Harrison. Recorded live on Thursday, April 9th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Keith Harrison
Keith got his start in the custom integration industry in 1992 when he opened up his small A/V retail store while still in college. Today, Total Home Technologies has three Control4 certified showrooms, two in New Jersey and one in New York, and is the highest volume Control 4 dealer in the North East.
Keith is known to be a pioneer in the CEDIA channel for recurring revenue and offering the innovative solution of leasing automation systems to consumers.
- Keith’s approach to handling the changes in his business caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Keith’s rental equipment leasing model and how it has been bringing ⅓ of the companies revenue for the last five years
- How Keith and his team use virtual reality solutions like Help Lightning for virtual, hands-on support calls and Modus VR for media room and home theater demos
- Keith’s motto of building a bulletproof system through implementing backup routers to make more profit as opposed to relying on ongoing servicing
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, industry leader Navot Shoresh, President of Spire Integrated Systems shares h unique perspective on value-based leadership and his approach to the importance of branding his company as oppose
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Navot Shoresh. Recorded live on Saturday, April 4th, 2020, at 11:00 am EST.
About Navot Shoresh
With 15 years in the business, Israel-born Navot Shoresh started his first business at the age of 22 after his service with the Israeli Army ended. In 2001, he decided to take his passion for providing high-quality audio visual systems and founded Spire Integrated Systems out of Michigan.
Now, Spire Integrated Systems employs over 20 employees between their Detroit and Traverse City locations. Spire Integrated Systems has been titled Best of Detroit 2019 by Hour Detroit Magazine in three categories including “Places to Buy Audio & Stereo” category and “Home Theater, Audio, Video Specialist.”
- What Navot and his team are implementing to come out stronger on the other side of COVID-19 from revising company weaknesses to training processes
- How Navot is approaching leadership during this time of crisis and his recommendations on demonstrate value-based leadership
- Navot’s perspective on the future of our industry and why we matter to our communities after the Coronavirus
- The power of recurring revenue and a look into Spire’s service contract: SPS Ready
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Ron Callis interviewed custom integrator Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based smart home automation company, Digital Lifestyle Solutions.
This week's show features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rohan Dunbar. Recorded live on Wednesday, March 25th, 2020, at 12:30 pm EST.
About Rohan Dunbar
Rohan Dunbar, Owner of Atlanta based Digital Lifestyle Solutions. Rohan got his start in the AV business in 2005 working with Audio Command Systems out of New York learning how to install smart systems in high-end homes. It wasn't until 2008 that he began working closely with Crestron control systems for Residential and Commercial spaces.
In 2010, Rohan founded Digital Lifestyle Solutions with a focus on offering solutions as a CSP, Crestron Service Provider to integration firms throughout North America. In 2017, he made the transition to convert Digital Lifestyle Solutions into a full installation company serving both residential and commercial clients in the greater Atlanta market
Here are some of the topics Ron had the opportunity to discuss with Rohan Dunbar:
- Rohan’s transition from Crestron Service Provider into a Certified Crestron Dealer
- Ways he is pivoting his focus to make up for project pauses caused by COVID-19
- How his business is preparing for the possible boom of business on the other side of COVID-19
- Which Crestron technologies have him jazzed for 2020
- What he’s doing to help other integrators grow and thrive