In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Fowler of HomeTroniX, shares his approach to marketing and creating a strong digital presence.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jeff Brewer. Recorded live on Wednesday, September 16th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Fowler
In 2014, Matt invested in HomeTroniX with his father while a senior at Tulane University but chose to pursue his career in the Marine Corps and later in the wine industry.
In 2019, with the company at a crossroads between growing at a faster rate or keeping the status quo, Matt agreed to join the family business as an executive with the goal of growing and scaling the integration firm.
- How Matt’s time in the Marine Corps impacted his role as a leader
- How to grow and scale an integration firm
- HomeTroniX’s growth during COVID
- Matt’s approach to marketing and creating a strong digital presence
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Paul Lopez of Integrated Lifestyles, shares on their transition from a majority commercial focus pre-COVID to a majority residential focus post COVID.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Paul Lopez. Recorded live on Wednesday, August 5th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Paul Lopez
Throughout his 20 years in the custom integration industry, Paul has run up the ranks of audio, video, and custom installations from pulling cables in hot attics to now running a multi-million dollar business since their inception 3 years ago.
Today, Paul runs Dallas-based custom integration firm, Integrated Lifestyles where they focus on creating a collaborative work environment with a “client first” approach.
- What experiences led Paul to opening his own integration firm.
- What it’s like being a Dolphins fan living in Dallas
- Paul’s transition from a majority commercial focus pre-covid to a majority residential focus post covid.
- Why Integrated Lifestyles chose to join the ProSource buying group
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Rusty Deeble of Digital Installers, shares the positive impact that the ProSource Dream Theater Makeover Contest has had on Digital Installers.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Wim De Vos. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 8th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Rusty Deeble
We initially spoke with Rusty on May 6th, 2020, where he gave us a tour of their recently renovated Long Beach showroom. To catch the full video tour, visit the One Firefly Facebook page or go to our website, onefirefly.com/au.
We catch up with Rusty 2 months later to get a closer look at how recent world events have affected his business and his thoughts on the overall future of our industry.
Rusty founded Digital Installers in 2001. Since inception, he has worked hard to make his customers happy by providing friendly, professional, and clean custom audio/video installations regardless of project size.
- The positive impact that the ProSource Dream Theater Makeover Contest has had on Digital Installers
- Ways Rusty gives back to his clients and community by offering their showroom as an event space
- Rusty’s recent experiences with homeowners ready to invest into their property such as outdoor spaces and home offices
- Rusty’s love of MMA and Wrestling
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Alex Camara shares thoughts on approaching conversations within the workplace revolving race and creating a safe space for all employees as well as the importance of a "restart" after COVID 19.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Alex Camara. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 3rd at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Alex Camara
After an exciting career in technology startups including Coinstar and Redbox, London Native, Alex joined Seattle based Audio Control in 2011 and ultimately acquired the company in 2013.
At AudioControl, Alex and his team of obsessive audio experts focus on designing, engineering, and manufacturing in the USA some of the most innovative, high-performance audio solutions for residential, commercial, and automotive markets.
- Alex’s backstory in technology startups before acquiring Audio Control
- Alex's thoughts on approaching conversations within the workplace revolving race and creating a safe space for all employees
- Audio Control’s “restart” message means in light of COVD-19
- How demand for “home entertainment” has increased and what he is seeing in demand for audio control solutions throughout the country.
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Rusty Deeble, President of Digital Installers, shares how interior design has elevated their showroom as well as using social media methods to strengthen design-build relationships.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Rusty Deeble. Recorded live on Wednesday, May 5th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Rusty Deeble
With a life-long passion for technology, Rusty has been building computers and networking them for businesses since he was 14-years old. Towards the end of his studies at Cal State University, Rusty founded Digital Installers out of Long Beach, California in 2001 and has never looked back.
Digital Installers now has an impressive showroom that mixes interior design with smart technology and even won the ProSource Dream Theater Makeover Contest in 2019.
Rusty uses his showroom as a way to bring the community together, from offering it as an event venue to even gifting movie nights to dedicated clients and prospects.
- How the use of quality interior design has elevated their showroom and helped consumers better envision smart technology in their home
- Ways Rusty is using social media to strengthen relationships within the design-build community
- The benefits using his showroom as an event venue has brought to Digital Installers over the years
- Why Rusty created the concept of TV templates and how he believe it can help integrators save time and win larger projects
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Lien, VP of Sales at DES shares his two-goal approach for integrators during these difficult times and perspective on how lighting for wellness can be used in smart homes.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Lien. Recorded live on Wednesday April 15th at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Lien
Matt got his start in the custom integration industry as an installer at Missouri-based integration firm, The Sound Room, before joining Crestron Electronics as a Regional Sales Manager for Residential Products.
During his seven years at Crestron, Matt met the team at Arkansas based DES and later joined them as VP of Sales in 2013. DES is also well known for developing the HomeSuite iPad app for Crestron systems, which has won the Crestron CEDIA Integration Award five years in a row.
- How DES supports multiple smart home platforms including Crestron, Savant, and Control4
- Matt’s thoughts on LED and tunable lighting and how it’s resonating with his customers
- Why they started offering electrical contracting services
- Matt’s two-goal approach to taking on projects and how he’s using that to create a silver lining during these difficult times