In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Troy Morgan, Founder and CEO at PanTech Design shares the impact of home automation and energy management in the home.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Troy Morgan. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 21st, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Troy Morgan
Troy is an innovator dedicated to elevating the quality of software and service for audio, video, and environmental automation. He has achieved many accomplishments throughout his 23 years in the custom integration industry, such as becoming a Crestron Master Programmer and founding his own integration firm, PanTech Design, in 2005. Under Troy's leadership, PanTech Design quickly became one of the leading firms of its kind to develop groundbreaking products like the Adapt for Crestron software suite and Adapt Energy home energy automation ecosystem. Today, Troy focuses on tackling the world's energy challenges with his revolutionary Adapt Energy solution that helps homeowners better monitor and manage their energy usage.
- The impact of home automation and energy management in the home
- Understanding the power of a watt
- An overview of energy integration and why it matters
- The concept of a virtual power plant
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Chris Pearson, President/CEO at Service Tech Lighting, Shades, and AV shares the danger of opportunity, and how he is managing Service Tech's growth.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Chris Pearson. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 14th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Chris Pearson
Chris Pearson is a distinguished entrepreneur focused on providing superior automated AV, lighting, and shading solutions to the Austin market. He founded Service Tech in 2003 and built his business by creating a company culture that embodies hard work, fun, respect, and inclusivity. Chris attributes much of his success to fully understanding his client's lifestyle before designing an integrated solution that fully meets their needs. He has also won many prestigious awards and recognitions over the years, including CEDIA Best Lighting System of the Americas, Lutron Excellence Award, Home of the Year Gold Winner for Best Media Room, and - most recently - recognition as a Lutron Black Diamond dealer.
- His humble beginnings as a projector Rep and journey towards becoming one of the largest integrators in Texas
- Chris' philosophy on expanding his skill set portfolio based on his client's needs
- The danger of opportunity, and how he is managing Service Tech's growth
- The importance of having the right people in the right roles to reach growth goals
- Why continued training takes priority in his business
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Brett Ringeisen, Director at Audiohouse shares how the family business and the electronics industry evolve over the decades.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Brett Ringeisen. Recorded live on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Brett Ringeisen
As a child, Brett Ringeisen’s father, Chet, moved the family from Lafayette, LA to Vero Beach, FL with the goal of establishing and running several businesses. Their family acquired a small business called Norris Record Center where Brett began working at the age of 14. Brett watched the industry grow over the last 50 years from the early days of records and cassette tapes to the 1st in-home televisions, to what we refer to today as "custom home electronics." As the industry changed, so did the business name and eventually Norris Record Center became The Audiohouse by the mid-’70s. Brett’s loyalty to both the industry and marketplaces needs over the decades helped him grow a once small-town record shop into an acclaimed, fixture of his Vero beach community.
- How the family business and electronics industry evolved over the decades
- The very first CEDIA event in 1990!
- Brett's windsurfing accident and how that affected him as well as the company
- Lessons learned from the hardship and how they made him a better leader
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Matt Bernath, Senior Coach at Vital Management shares 6 ways to increase profit and reduce chaos in your business.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Matt Bernath. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 30th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Matt Bernath
Matt is a veteran entrepreneur in the custom electronics industry who specializes in helping technology professionals transform their businesses. He has spent more than two decades in retail, wholesale, custom integration, and coaching - including founding and managing his own integration firm at one time. Today, as a Senior Coach at VITAL MGMT, Matt helps others achieve their dreams and business goals while also focusing on his overall mission to shift the CI industry's trajectory.
- 6 ways to increase profit and reduce chaos in your business
- Advice for an integration firm owner on managing their own compensation
- How to turn the most prosperous times into the most profitable times
- The time investment to start transforming your business and profits with Vital Management
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Jaclyn Boutwell, Owner & CFO at Media Systems shares tips on how to approach your clients for approval to photograph projects and how she manages the finances for Media Systems.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Jaclyn Boutwell. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Jaclyn Boutwell
While Jaclyn is normally behind the scenes or behind the camera, we had so much fun connecting with her husband Donnie a few weeks ago on show 172 that we asked her to share her perspective on the business with our audience.
Jaclyn is a technology designer who specializes in merging beauty with tech. With a keen eye for detail, she elevates the home environment with high-tech solutions that blend seamlessly with architecture and aesthetics. She uses her background in artistic design, professional photography, and smart tech to aid every aspect of the business -from managing finances for the firm to assisting with sales.
- How to approach your clients for approval to photograph projects
- Basics of video and lighting configurations for successful Zoom meetings
- How she manages the finances for Media Systems
- Parental control and privacy management for minors on the Internet
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Omar Alarcon, CEO & Founder at A's Smart Home Solutions shares advice and best practices with leveraging Instagram and his journey towards starting his own integration firm.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Omar Alarcon. Recorded live on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. EST.
About Omar Alarcon
From baker to electrician, Omar initially gained interest in home automation while out in the field on job sites. Then, with a newfound passion for tech and helping others, he and his wife were inspired to establish their own integration firm in 2015. Today, Omar is focused on providing his clients with best-in-class, high-quality technology solutions that upgrade their daily lives.
- His journey towards starting his own integration firm
- Advice and best practices with leveraging Instagram
- And how he selects which brands to work with